Lou Dobbs vs Amy Goodman

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Caught this on the way to work this AM. Did anyone else? http://www.democracynow.org/2007/12/4/fact_checking_dobbs_cnn_anchor_louNo matter what side you are on, this is an entertaining exchange.

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I listened to a bit of this, this morning as well.

I hate how Dobbs cuts everyone off...entertaining to say the least...

• about time he was taken to task properly...

• I hate Dobbs

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    about time he was taken to task properly...

I love how he frames his whole look around "I've hated Mexicans consistently longer than any of these Johnny-Come-Latelys."

• I hate Dobbs

• I'm not into his interrupting. Gotta say, the few people thay've tried to challenge on-air, it doesn't always work. They're too damn civil to debate a guest who is all Fox-style, talking over everybody.

In this case, they would have been better off not giving him any time.

• I'm not into his interrupting. Gotta say, the few people thay've tried to challenge on-air, it doesn't always work. They're too damn civil to debate a guest who is all Fox-style, talking over everybody.

In this case, they would have been better off not giving him any time.

you're not into his interrupting? what about his racism and xenophobia? i think this piece is good because it reveals that dobbs lies and uses phony statistics, but i'd much rather see someone call him out for his bullshit beliefs...as opposed to his bullshit evidence.

considering that most of us are not of native american descent, it stuns me that our discussions of immigration don't start off with the premise that, ideally, EVERYONE should be able to become an American citizen. barring security issues (and we all know how many terrorists have come over from mexico), Dobbs and co should have the burden of showing why a very liberal immigration policy is against public policy. i also have no sympathy for the "they are taking away our jobs" argument. even if it were true (most illegals are doing all the sh*t work), so what??? god forbid americans should have to get off our lazy asses and develop skills to compete for work.