Does this look like a good deal? (RR)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I just grabbed this lot:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260187447878&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016I was mainly looking for 'The Party' but I got the 'Cop Show Themes' was well.

Comments

• yeah, sealed copies of "The party" and "Cop show themes" would be at least $20 a piece me thinks in a shop...

• yeah, sealed copies of "The party" and "Cop show themes" would be at least $20 a piece me thinks in a shop...

After the fact I Posiked 'The Party' and it seemed to be running about 40 bucks. It looks like these are coming from Mancini's estate.

After the fact I Posiked 'The Party' and it seemed to be running about 40 bucks. It looks like these are coming from Mancini's estate.

wow! Mancini's copies! Thars cool in and of itself!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    'Symphonic Soul' is probably the best LP, IMO, but I haven't heard 'The Party'.
    I would say you got a good deal, F16!

• Henry's copies...rad!

Return of the Pink Panther contains "Here's Looking at You Kid", by far one of my favorite HM tracks. Can listen to that 4-5 plus times, back-to-back. Gnarlyness! Lotsa folks sleep on that one. Know of anything else like it?

Now if you gotten "The Thief Who Came To Dinner", I'd be jealous.

Between shipping and cost of records, I don't think you'll have much room for profit. My guess 80dollar batch.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    honestly. i think you are cutting it close with the $21 shipping. do media rate.

• 'Symphonic Soul' is probably the best LP, IMO, but I haven't heard 'The Party'.

I've only heard the theme from 'The Party', which I used to have on a comp. It's tres groovy, one of the best examples of soundtrack au go go stuff.

• Another really cool Mancini lp in my book is the Revenge of the Pink Panther lp.
    Nice funky fender rhodes business on that one.

• 'Symphonic Soul' is probably the best LP, IMO, but I haven't heard 'The Party'.

I've only heard the theme from 'The Party', which I used to have on a comp. It's tres groovy, one of the best examples of soundtrack au go go stuff.

and you get 2 versions on the OST...instro w/ sitar and a vocal version...strangely Claudine's movie performance isnt on the OST(it is available on a 45), a syrupy string laden version is on the LP instead...