Rep Yo' Seeds! (Return of the kid pix thread)

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Heres a new clip of my son Eleazar doing the "What was That?" dance.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That put the biggest smile on my face. You don't even know!
    Those days seem like yesterday man. It's crazy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

LOL Whirling Dervish

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    (labor horror story related)

Congrats! He looks like he's in serious contenplation in that first picture.

We had serious labor issues. Let me just say this, had we tried some natural at home childbirth or whatever, I'd most likely be sitting here by myself right now.

• (labor horror story related)

We had serious labor issues. Let me just say this, had we tried some natural at home childbirth or whatever, I'd most likely be sitting here by myself right now.

Me too.

No problems all pregnancy. Then at the end. Damn. Almost lost both of them. Then a week later the clots came. Birth is some serious ish, I'm so glad we're all still here. I couldn't even talk to anyone for like a month I was so shook.

And for the record, I am NOT feeling the CDC/US healthcare approach towards newborns.

How is it that the US has one of the highest infant mortality rates? Hmmm..let's ask the pharmecutical companies!

Me too.

No problems all pregnancy. Then at the end. Damn. Almost lost both of them. Then a week later the clots came. Birth is some serious ish, I'm so glad we're all still here. I couldn't even talk to anyone for like a month I was so shook.

And for the record, I am NOT feeling the CDC/US healthcare approach towards newborns.

How is it that the US has one of the highest infant mortality rates? Hmmm..let's ask the pharmecutical companies!

We also had some scares at the end of the whole thing. Midwife pushed a button and 10 nurses rushed in within seconds... and a minute later they were OK to leave. My wife did everything natural, no drugs, no needle in the back, nothing. She's Frickin' hardcore, and that shit was the scariest and most intense and amazing thing I've been a part of.

Your little one is beautiful Thes, I'm sure it feels great!! Got your call, will be hitting you back shortly.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    My crazy kid. Isaiah, age 9

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

Papahood is absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me.

And Thes,

I know that one man, little Tui almost didnt make it, looking at the tiny fighter now and having him smile back is the most humbling experience. And watching Jack take on his new role as big brother makes me so damn proud too.

Congrats to you and yours.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    My crazy kid. Isaiah, age 9

put glasses on this dude and you have my best friend circa 5th grade

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Beezus checks out our hotel room, then says let's trash it rockstar style!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Mine grew up well since the last post...She was 2 weeks when i posted her pic. Now she's 6 months...Hoodie style, grim face, she was trying to dodge me and the bottle...

• My beautiful and funny 2 1/2 yr old. Amali. Kids when you are ready for them (I'm 37) are the best things on the world. We have a lot of fun

Kids when you are ready for them (I'm 37) are the best things on the world. We have a lot of fun

Is there really anyone who is "ready"? My friends who had kids when we were 16 seemed like they have handled parenthood much better than we have (I'm 27). This stuff is hard.

Your babies beautiful blue eyes are gonna drive the boys wild WubWub, get your belt ready for whoopins!

• She already does dances for the boys at day care. I am back training my martial art (Silat Perisai Diri) after a 18 month break.

I do youth work locally and hear way too many stories about what our local youth are up too. A friend was approached recently by 3 14 yr old girls who asked him to buy alcohol for them (drinking age is 18 here) He said he wouldn't and they offered to all give him blowjobs if he did.

Some people are great parents in their 20,s but I wouldn't have been. I am glad I waited till I was 35 to have a child as i had got all the sex,drugs shit out of my system as well as travel etc. ( I do miss the sex though) We have one day a week (child care) where we can really get it on

One thing for those contemplating having kids you need a rock solid relationship, a reasonable income and housing situation and Family/friends for support and ocassional babysitting.

Its good to see the sensitive soulstrut males today with the discussion on High waisted womens pants (pass) and kids

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Some people are great parents in their 20,s but I wouldn't have been. I am glad I waited till I was 35 to have a child as i had got all the sex,drugs shit out of my system as well as travel etc. ( I do miss the sex though) We have one day a week (child care) where we can really get it on

Ha - a lot packed in there.

I hear you about the age thing...I became a dad at age 33 and not by planning but I "felt" ready for it regardless. I doubt I could have said the same thing ten years ago though. On the flipside, one of the downsides to being (slightly) older as a father is that I'm better read on parenting theories which really only serves to f--- you up in the head about how terrible a parent you're probably being/going to be. We're saving up money for therapy as we speak.

• Some people are great parents in their 20,s but I wouldn't have been. I am glad I waited till I was 35 to have a child as i had got all the sex,drugs shit out of my system as well as travel etc. ( I do miss the sex though) We have one day a week (child care) where we can really get it on

Ha - a lot packed in there.

I hear you about the age thing...I became a dad at age 33 and not by planning but I "felt" ready for it regardless. I doubt I could have said the same thing ten years ago though. On the flipside, one of the downsides to being (slightly) older as a father is that I'm better read on parenting theories which really only serves to f--- you up in the head about how terrible a parent you're probably being/going to be. We're saving up money for therapy as we speak.

I agree completely. Though I wonder how effective a parent I would have been at 20, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be as psychologically overwrought then either.

One of the hardest things for us is the sacrifices we've had to make. I used to be a beat making monster, DJ'd alot, and was out digging nearly every day to resell for extra cash. All that stuff has been either phased out, or cut in half now. My wife can't really work right now, at least in the field she wants to, because we have no one to watch over him. We've been on a waiting list for daycare for quite a while now, and the whole situation is really eating at both me and my wife, psychologically. We're super frustrated, and on top of that, never go out together alone. Its a waiting game..but its worth it to see my son getting raised right.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    One of the hardest things for us is the sacrifices we've had to make. I used to be a beat making monster, DJ'd alot, and was out digging nearly every day to resell for extra cash. All that stuff has been either phased out, or cut in half now. My wife can't really work right now, at least in the field she wants to, because we have no one to watch over him. We've been on a waiting list for daycare for quite a while now, and the whole situation is really eating at both me and my wife, psychologically. We're super frustrated, and on top of that, never go out together alone. Its a waiting game..but its worth it to see my son getting raised right.

I'm flying into Chicago in a couple of weeks dude. Dreas and I can babysit, while you take the wifey out to Red Lobster or some shit. Of course, being a highly skilled attorney, my fee is $175 an hour.

• Sorry, Mr. Breakself.

They pay $8 a night, and you get to take two popsicles out of the freezer.

• Sorry, Mr. Breakself.

"break siz-elf":

plus, if you're lucky the Dad will make a move and sleep with you.

Sorry, Mr. Breakself.

Three!

Sorry, Mr. Breakself.

"break siz-elf":

plus, if you're lucky the Dad will make a move and sleep with you.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Now that little dude is living right (labor horror story related), it's time to hit the net!

This is a GREAT picture. That head of hair is a tell-tale of a Latino baby. Many blessing to you and your family!

• One of the hardest things for us is the sacrifices we've had to make. I used to be a beat making monster, DJ'd alot, and was out digging nearly every day to resell for extra cash. All that stuff has been either phased out, or cut in half now. My wife can't really work right now, at least in the field she wants to, because we have no one to watch over him. We've been on a waiting list for daycare for quite a while now, and the whole situation is really eating at both me and my wife, psychologically. We're super frustrated, and on top of that, never go out together alone. Its a waiting game..but its worth it to see my son getting raised right.

OK WORD. I've been having a really rough time with the whole transition and it's good to know I'm not the only one. I was complaining to Dizzy about this the other week too; the enormous responsibility I feel in being there for little dude means i get mostly nothing done during the day. I think the difference with some people who have kids in their twenties is that they (or most often the mother) has nothing going on, maybe some job but not a career, maybe not really passionate about a hobby or other outside activity, and then BAM - all of a sudden they have a passion in life, a way to define themselves, etc. And i'm sure it's great for them. My wife and myself on the other hand had alot going on already and it has all grinded to a halt.
    And for us I think the struggle is to continue to define ourselves as who we were, not just as parents.

We had signed up for the local YWCA daycare here which is supposed to be pretty good about 2 months after my wife got pregnant. When we did we found out A) They had a three year wait list and B) most of the people on the wait list were NOT pregnant yet. It's been two months and we haven't heard from them still and they are not returning our phone calls. To add insult, we have donated food and volunteered for them over the years. Nice.

Fortunately we found a diesel daycare in the local rich area (PV) and they have an opening for us in January, the only problem is it's going to be another 1300 out the pocket per month for 3 days. It's a dope spot so it eases the sting but damn, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

My wife and I need to get back to work!

That first year (or two or forever) can be real rough, especially in how dramatic the shift in lifestyle can be. My wife and I had family in town, plus we were both working so we shelled out for child care, and despite that, we were still pretty frustrated, not just with parenthood but with one another. I kind of forgot how bad it was but wifey hasn't.

The thing is: it will (hopefully) get better, especially once your kid is older and a lil more independent...plus, you two will be better at it too. On the real though: shell out the money for a babysitter. We don't do it enough either but shit is necessary, just to be able to decompress for a few hours.

My wife and myself on the other hand had alot going on already and it has all grinded to a halt.
    And for us I think the struggle is to continue to define ourselves as who we were, not just as parents.

Sheeyit, you could have been quoting my wife right there. I've had an easier time transitioning personally but my wife's had to struggle with thinking of herself as a "mom" (not the least of which are her own issues with her madre, y'know?) As noted, especially in cosmopolitan cities like L.A. or S.F. or N.Y., the cult of parenting is very pervasive, even if only indirectly (alas, living on the Westside, shit is direct and f----ing annoying) so you're constantly trying to figure out if you're "doing the right thing" in terms of the balance between work and parenthood.

That cliche about "they're on this age once" though? Kind of true.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes, when you are ready for your wife to completely reassess your once-content relationship and basically call you out all over again for any shred of wrong that you have done to her over the years, go ahead and have a baby with her.

And in some cases...

• Post-fertilization, I tend to refrain from using the term "seed"...

My kiddies:

[i]
    wrasslin in the record room

first day of PRE-K

easter '07, note the evidence of cup-cakin'

birthday slo-bowl

ffffffttt! (4onefunk reppin)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    the first year as a parent was hands down the hardest thing i have ever done. It tested me as a man, a husband and a father. Compounded lack of sleep can wreck havoc on a human.

My wife and i hit rock bottom, and i mean rock Frickin' bottom, but we pulled through and for our troubles, we get to do it all again

And i am in total awe of any single mother, how they do it is beyond me.