Putting covers up on the wall. How do you do it?

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I like putting up nice looking sleeves on the wall. I have been using a wooden strip for this up till now that can hold a row of like 5 records.I have seen those old school chain systems in recordstores before and I was wondering where you can find these.Anyone has anything like this?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I say fuck it to my walls and buy some of those 3M sticky adhesive pads. They actually do come off pretty clean if you use a knife between the wall and the adhesive.

• I just hit up Michaels during their framing sales...you can get the record frames for $4 or $5 each...and I just buy plain white sleeves from bags unlimited for the records and hang up the jackets...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this is how I did them at my old place

basically just Japanese sleeves with industrial 2 sided tape on the backside

this is how its at in my new spot (photo courtesy of DJ Sheep)

L shaped wood from the local home depot painted and nailed to the wall

• pretty clean JB

Oh, I was thinking of just using covers that have beater records in them, not the real deal. Isn't that inconvenient when you actually want to play those records?

b/w

Please to send me your Larry T & The Family kthx.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Putting 'em on the wall is a good way to fade the covers; better to keep 'em filed in art and wine storage with the spines in (to avoid spine fading) so the colors still look crisp when I acquire them upon your passing.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Putting 'em on the wall is a good way to fade the covers; better to keep 'em filed in art and wine storage with the spines in (to avoid spine fading) so the colors still looks crisp when I acquire them upon your passing.

There is multi-layers of awesome in this post. Return of old Reynaldo!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Oh, I was thinking of just using covers that have beater records in them, not the real deal. Isn't that inconvenient when you actually want to play those records?

b/w

well sometimes I'll take the records out and put them in a sleeve in a crate I keep near my turntable. It's mostly my new finds that go up on the wall so I can remember to play them and it also keeps the room looking a little more fresh for my own benefit.

The Larry T. was from the Heatrock auctions we had here nearly 2 years back. Probably the most sentimental record I own.

b/w

well sometimes I'll take the records out and put them in a sleeve in a crate I keep near my turntable. It's mostly my new finds that go up on the wall so I can remember to play them and it also keeps the room looking a little more fresh for my own benefit.

The Larry T. was from the Heatrock auctions we had here nearly 2 years back. Probably the most sentimental record I own.

Ah, that makes sense actually, a good way to put some new stuff in rotation.

And yeah, I heard the Larry T & the Family the other day and it blew my mind. #1 want. Uh...I mean it sucks and none of you reading this thread should be interested!

• i use LP frames I got on the cheap from...somewhere.

• ^^begging to be photoshopped

• Mark(us),

zoiets?

pm als je deze wil

From.......urban outfitters? They had these for sale in the dirt cheap range over the summer. Haven't been round since, but I'd think they're still there. Quality metal frames.

I found a bunch of these at Goodwill in my area about 5 or so years ago.