Jackie Wilson Price Czech

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Until today I only thought one Jackie Wilson LP was worth big $$$(Razzle Dazzle).Found this today and Gemm says $287-$308.Whats the REAL deal??

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Until today I only thought one Jackie Wilson LP was worth big $$$(Razzle Dazzle).

Found this today and Gemm says $287-$308.

Whats the REAL deal??

$25-$40

Great record

• $20-$30 at best.

I like Jackie Wilson but this record sounds corny to my ears.

$20-$30 at best.

I like Jackie Wilson but this record sounds corny to my ears.

CLEAN YOUR EARS

• My ears are clean. What are the best and least corny sounding tracks in your opinion?

My ears are clean. What are the best and least corny sounding tracks in your opinion?

I listen to this record straight through--no lie.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thanks for the info......I'm gonna listen to it tonight and will report back with the PCF*.....and I like most of his early stuff big time.

*Perceived Corn Factor

• My ears are clean. What are the best and least corny sounding tracks in your opinion?

I listen to this record straight through--no lie.

Cosign.

This is an awesome example of sweet soul in the 70s and despite the low-budget packaging, evidence of Brunswick's lean years, I think this ranks with his best.

I just got another late-era Jackie LP on Brunswick that I've never heard... I'm excited to check it out.

Yeah, $20-40 about right.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    'beautiful day' has his big money northern tune 'because of you' on it - which might explain the attempt of some dealers to squeeze hundreds out of it...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Not to knock the huslte but when I've come across that record in your average record store it's for around $10.

• Not to knock the huslte but when I've come across that record in your average record store it's for around $10.

Me too - and I am more than happy to turn it around for $30.

Dudes just don't know!

Not to knock the huslte but when I've come across that record in your average record store it's for around $10.

That's the problem with having been digging for 20+ years.

I see so many LP's going for $30-$50 that I think "That's a $10 record" because I used to see it a lot......then I try to go find one for $10.00 and they're long gone.

• this is hard to find and it is always worth $25 to $30. this used to be on japanese lists and would sell automatically.

Gave this a good listen late last night....didn't think it was solid all the way through.....about 1/2 the cuts were weak(imo)...not "corny" but not my thang. I thought there were 3 really solid cuts and one killer.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Gave this a good listen late last night....didn't think it was solid all the way through.....about 1/2 the cuts were weak(imo)...not "corny" but not my thang. I though there were 3 really solid cuts and one killer.

Yes, that's about it. I'm not sure I still have my copy even.

• Not to knock the huslte but when I've come across that record in your average record store it's for around $10.

I've seen it for less than that.

Generally, the only J.W. albums I've seen that were big money items were the ones that came out when he was still in his heyday (late '50s-early '60s)...anything after 1964 isn't as pricey.

• I've come across it for $5, that's not the point - Rich was asking what this record is worth subjectively. If he sells it on ebay, he's going to get $20-30, which is a consistent price for it on the international market. As AP said, it was a sought-after item in Japan for a while and the 70s sweet soul guys check for it.

Jeez...

Obviously it's out there for under 5 bucks, I paid $2.98.

But we will settle this once and for all this week.

What is the going rate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320191183965&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i sell for $30, $40 if sealed.
    cool record.
    the disciples agree.
    i've heard cornier....

Jackie Wilson trivia; Alexyss K. Tylor believes herself to be his illegitimate daughter. No lie.