naughty by nature appreciation‏

2»

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    i got the idea from Treach to rock that heavy chain with the padlock on my bare asian chest with the backward Aunt Jemima bandana thingy. But it didn't go that well.

• anybody have the instrumentals to either "uptown anthem" or "everythings gonna be alright"?? i been dying to hear them since those songs dropped!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    KayGee = Underatted Producer. Dude had balance. Polished Street shit that can work in the clubs.

Yes KayGee was getting down and put some really nice beats together. I've always liked these dudes... Uptown Anthem, Sunshine from Poverty's Paradise, dudes had it

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my first rap show was NBN

"Jamboree" was some pretty good shit for latter day NBN as well

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    This may be blasphemy but I think the O.P.P. "Sunny Days" remix with the Oh Honey sample is better than the original.

• treach was a g in Jason's Lyric too!

i never heard the tony d track!?! can someone tell me what its called?

• No-one else ride for 'Hot Potato' from the second lp??
    Treach and Freddie went off on that tune.

• i never heard the tony d track!?! can someone tell me what its called?

it's called adams nightmare from one of his beats lp's he did.

• "Ghetto Bastard" blew my mind in 7th grade. I bet I'd still dig it.

• remember when everybody wanted those Naughty By Nature bedsheets?

• pknypkny 549 Posts

thats the CRAZIEST!

Actually, UMass people are the craziest. I know because Treach told us when he played UMass.

Except he didn't call us people.

Yeah, I saw them when they played a free show at Marist College a few days before 9/11, and he repeatedly referred to the 99.9% white crowd as "n*ggas".

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ijust made a bell biv devoe post without even seeing this. naughty by nature to me is all about back in the day when practically the only source of hearing unfiltered rap locally on a radio station was college radio and we had a dj by the name of mastermind...i remember hearing a mix, and it might not have been mastermind, but it was "uptown anthem" by naughty by nature on a college radio station. godamn the mix was so insane, i taped it off the radio at the time and was dissapointed when i heard the straight version. that is such a bad tune!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

i never heard the tony d track!?! can someone tell me what its called?

it's called adams nightmare from one of his beats lp's he did.

Right. "Music Makes You Move" - they used to advertise that LP on TV back in the day in Philly.