Holy Frick

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• For background this is a Canadian PSA that was posted on Defamer. What is wrong with you people up there? That shit is disturbing.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I cant listen to the audio. What they talking about? The importance of non-slip mats in the kitchen? I dont get it.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    i watched that yesterday and got pretty disturbed.
    (the fall is well executed, though)

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I cant listen to the audio. What they talking about? The importance of non-slip mats in the kitchen? I dont get it.

If you burn your face up, your fiance will dump you?

• I cant listen to the audio. What they talking about? The importance of non-slip mats in the kitchen? I dont get it.

egzactly!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

the remix

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

egzactly!

are you serious? This cant be a real psa.

• I afraid to go into the kitchen now and make some oatmeal..sheesh

I swear I saw her coworker steal her ring...

• these are interesting.

• does tom savini make this things?

• This happened to me once. It's NO BIG DEAL. After a little neosporin, I was able to finish out the day, and I still got married to my fiance. I mean yea, I looked a little different, but I'm married now so I'm out of the game. Plus I have these really cool lookin' scars I get to talk about at parties.

I don't see why people got to be all mellodramatic 'n shit!

• the freeze frame of that youtube clip makes it look like the co-worker is about to stab her.

• This happened to me once. It's NO BIG DEAL. After a little neosporin, I was able to finish out the day, and I still got married to my fiance. I mean yea, I looked a little different, but I'm married now so I'm out of the game. Plus I have these really cool lookin' scars I get to talk about at parties.

same thing happened to me, too, but it wasn't anything neosporin could take of... i was in the hospital for a month, had to lay on my back for 3 more months, and couldn't go outside even in the summer without a big coat on for two years... it sucked real bad

same thing happened to me, too, but it wasn't anything neosporin could take of... i was in the hospital for a month, had to lay on my back for 3 more months, and couldn't go outside even in the summer without a big coat on for two years... it sucked real bad

That's because your soft.

That's because your soft.

• these are interesting.

Every time I see her fall I can't help but to laugh.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I can't see it, but from the comments I take it's the workplace safety commercial with the woman in the kitchen falling with a pot of hot oil? The series is really well done - there is another one of a guy with a broken harness at a construction site getting blown off the beams and landing on a truck below due to faulty gas tanks and last year there was one of a woman falling off an unsupported ladder while changing a light bulb in a store.

• I can't see it, but from the comments I take it's the workplace safety commercial with the woman in the kitchen falling with a pot of hot oil? The series is really well done - there is another one of a guy with a broken harness at a construction site getting blown off the beams and landing on a truck below due to faulty gas tanks and last year there was one of a woman falling off an unsupported ladder while changing a light bulb in a store.

If by well done you mean horribly frightening, yes this was well done.

lol - yes, that's what I mean. They're effective...whether things will actually change in the workplace is another story though.

Totally unrelated but we were watching the Canadian version of Cops last night and laughing at how it compares to the segments you see on the US one. A lone cop stops a tanked guy (who is one of the most pleasant drunks I've ever seen) who says hi to his mom and dad and keeps waving at the camera. He has a pizza that he has parked on the cop car's hood and apparently it's the best pizza in town! The cop is pretty relaxed and asks him the regular "how much have you had to drink?", "where do you live?", etc. He asks him what's in his pocket, the guy is carrying a beer. The cop makes him pour it out and put it in the garbage can so as to not litter. The cop never once puts his hands on the guy. The drunk guy asks if he's going to jail and the cops says he doesn't see any reason why. He offers the guy a ride home, sees him to his door, which the guy has a bit of time opening - lol - and that's it.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    lol - yes, that's what I mean. They're effective...whether things will actually change in the workplace is another story though.

Totally unrelated but we were watching the Canadian version of Cops last night and laughing at how it compares to the segments you see on the US one. A lone cop stops a tanked guy (who is one of the most pleasant drunks I've ever seen) who says hi to his mom and dad and keeps waving at the camera. He has a pizza that he has parked on the cop car's hood and apparently it's the best pizza in town! The cop is pretty relaxed and asks him the regular "how much have you had to drink?", "where do you live?", etc. He asks him what's in his pocket, the guy is carrying a beer. The cop makes him pour it out and put it in the garbage can so as to not litter. The cop never once puts his hands on the guy. The drunk guy asks if he's going to jail and the cops says he doesn't see any reason why. He offers the guy a ride home, sees him to his door, which the guy has a bit of time opening - lol - and that's it.

most boring cops episode ever. i love it.

• lol - yes, that's what I mean. They're effective...whether things will actually change in the workplace is another story though.

This is funny. I would love to see some Canadian Cops episodes.

You will see "hoser" defined over and over again. Most of the segments are from BC. The show is called To Serve and Protect. I'm not sure if it's still running, but what we saw was from about 15 yrs ago.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    haha I think sun tv still shows it randomly.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

They had this show called "Mounties" which was the Canadian version of cops, maybe thats what you saw? Never saw any violent crimes all of the shows were exactly how you described. Just friendly cops being nice to drunk guys.

• i say we need these psa's down here. with all these food channel celebrity chefs, everyone thinks they're superstar cooks. to address the HGTV wannabes they can show a psa with a kitchen remodel demo gone wrong featuring a novice house flipper.

• they play it raw in the UK as well

• HOLY FRICK! Fricken Canadians

They had this show called "Mounties" which was the Canadian version of cops, maybe thats what you saw? Never saw any violent crimes all of the shows were exactly how you described. Just friendly cops being nice to drunk guys.

The show I saw was called To Serve and Protect, but I can see it being called Mounties, especially if it's in BC. I don't know how their police services work there, but it seems the Mounties are handling a lot of it, as opposed to a provincial force.

• they play it raw in the UK as well

The shit right there is FINAL DESTINATION 4