Who's got 45 adapters in LA? (the good kind)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I need some of those heavy metal adapters that Logcabin used to sell but no longer do. What's up, LA?

Comments

• you can try and call rehab. they are on cotner. djcity.com should have a link to the site (it's their brick and mortar) or get the metal egg joints on soundquake.com (they are based in germany but usually have them)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Discovered these guys out in the UK. Seem like a far cheaper option that going with soundquake:

45CENTRAL.co.uk

• Discovered these guys out in the UK. Seem like a far cheaper option that going with soundquake:

45CENTRAL.co.uk

jazzman has a variety of cones if you're looking online.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The big metal half-globe jawns?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got the Bullet jawns. They work well, a little loose around the hole, but nonetheless definitely all good.

• i have the classic shaped, pretty solid and great if you're doing a bit of scratching. i tried the labcabin twister mats and don't think they're such a good look for the price. they actually are really heavy and don't allow you to scratch at all. nice if you're just playing 45s though. IMO, a good adapter is better than an all in one twister mat any day.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

those are cool. i just ordered the bullet ones.

• I got the Bullet jawns. They work well, a little loose around the hole, but nonetheless definitely all good.

I think those were designed specifically for juggling Jamaican 45s. Anyone who owns a couple dozen of those records knows that there is no such thing as a "standard center hole," so the dome joints are perfect.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i have the classic shaped, pretty solid and great if you're doing a bit of scratching. i tried the labcabin twister mats and don't think they're such a good look for the price. they actually are really heavy and don't allow you to scratch at all. nice if you're just playing 45s though. IMO, a good adapter is better than an all in one twister mat any day.

I hated those twister mats just off the painintheassfactor when doing 45s/12s in the same set also some of my best 45s have lp style holes.

On another note, has anyone seen those 'in between adapters'? for...

I found a decent radio station collection where all the lps had these holes that were slightly bigger than normal, but smaller than 45s. Must have been some attempt to keep DJs from skimming the library? It sucks, there was some good shit in there too.

• i hate how thick those twisters are, seems like it might wear on your 45s more since it makes the playing surface higher.

• I got the Bullet jawns. They work well, a little loose around the hole, but nonetheless definitely all good.

do these work well? i've always used the yellow plastic jammies. i don't like the other ones as they always tend to pop up and let the record slip under.... not that i cut up 45s but just normal mixing that shit happens. they look heavy enough to not do that though...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    The Aluminum ones are okay but I had some made for me a while back which I really like. Had them made out of steel so they're really heavy. Didn't cost me very much either, been thinking about having them mass produced but I've stalled on it.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    someone preparing for their big gig next week at the el rey?

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i've gotta sign on turntable lab's 45 plates.

http://www.labcabin.com/dj_equipment/48/11/16525.html

a bit pricey, but if willow's being nice he can cut you a REAL NICE deal.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    someone preparing for their big gig next week at the el rey?

Hell fuckin' yes.