Apartment Tricks

2»

Comments

• I had a great little apartment in Philly during college. It was a one room studio in a building with 5 other apartments. The first year was great. All of the neighbors were cool except one dude who liked to play his bass when he came home drunk at 2AM. He would always stop when I asked him.

The beginning of the second year the dude upstairs moved out and these two guys moved in. They seemed friendly, but I found it strange that the one dude introduced himself as a "gay after hours techno DJ". I didn't think it would be a big deal, but he didn't tell me the after hours club was going to be his Frickin' apartment right above mine.

I heard techno thump thump remixes of cher and Madonna every night from 2AM to 5AM. When I would go knock on the door to tell them to turn it off the one dude would answer shirtless with glow in the dark nipple rings coked out of his mind talking about his 'lifestyle'.

I called the cops I threatened their lives with a hammer. Nothing could shut them up. Thank god I was able to stay at my girlfriends apartment. Otherwise I would not have ever been able to sleep.

Right before I moved out I had a great idea for revenge. Both of the upstairs dudes rode bikes everywhere. They had these really nice mountain bikes they parked in the main hallway. I removed their bike seats and filled the frames with several cans of sardines in mustard. Over time these would rot and smell worse than anything you could imagine. But they would be nearly impossible to remove as they were inside the frame of the bike.

• These folks who wrapped their buddy's apt. in aluminum foil back in '04 take the cake for me.

Foiled AGAIN! (Article)

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Roommate revenge for slamming the door every morning when leaving for class

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Take a piss into a bottle.

pour the piss onto a dinner plate

put plate in freezer

once frozen, take piss Frisbee and slide under next door neighbors door

walk away with smug grin on face

• Take a piss into a bottle.

pour the piss onto a dinner plate

put plate in freezer

once frozen, take piss Frisbee and slide under next door neighbors door

walk away with smug grin on face

Dude, I could have used this a few years ago.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

One of the best computer tricks I have seen is to take a screen shot of someone's desktop and then set it as their background image. Then use the windows option to hide desktop icons. Phantom Desktop. Very hard to figure out what the hell is going on.

This sounds great!!! I'm going to do this to a guy in the office downstairs Monday morning!

• when I moved out of the dorm, before I left for the last time I took an open can of tuna and placed it in the air duct...all the air ducts were connected in the dorm, Im sure that smelled nice a week or two into it...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    not really building pranks, but when i was 7 i lined the inside edge of my sisters door with ketchup packets and waited for her to shut the door. to this day i still put a bucket of water on the top of the bathroom door at night. early bird gets an early shower.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    unscrew the door handle, remove the pin, screw back on.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    flour or other white powder piled in front of door jam. Vacuum on reverse, or leaf blower.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    when I moved out of the dorm, before I left for the last time I took an open can of tuna and placed it in the air duct...all the air ducts were connected in the dorm, Im sure that smelled nice a week or two into it...

I did the same thing to a classroom but with Limberger cheese.

• a funny trick is if it's morning and you're in a rush get to work quickb, 21yet you hear all kind of noise on the elevator ceilingb, 21mash the button to the top floor and wipe out all those kids playing Elevator Action