Snoop's "Sensual Seduction" Video

Comments

• whoa
    snoop enters the sa-ra?
    Please... So now Sa-Ra is responsible for the sound of the 80's??

• autoauto 198 Posts

chris111690 (1 hour ago)
    wtf is in his mouth??

MysticDiamond (1 hour ago)
    I think it's a tube from a bong. The full vid for this is wild as hell!

r3aLwEEdSm0k3r
    yeah I WuZ ThiNkiN OF dAt 2

• It's definitely dope, but it borrowed some of the vibe, elements from this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlH86ozV4QA

No. From this:

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    The track is great besides that mega-annoying auto-tune/talkbox combo effect.

The video is gold, however.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It's definitely dope, but it borrowed some of the vibe, elements from this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlH86ozV4QA

No. From this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dont know why folks hate the talkbox. no one bitched about that on the chromeo thread ... its the point!! its supposed to sound like a throwback

song is good

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    dont know why folks hate the talkbox. no one bitched about that on the chromeo thread ... its the point!! its supposed to sound like a throwback

song is good

yeah, but your boy T-Pain fucked the hell out of that thing on top 40 songs.

• The track is great besides that mega-annoying auto-tune/talkbox combo effect.

song is good

fully agree. that's the first protools plug-in I started freakin with. however, it might have been a little sicker with an actual talkbox. but whatever, auto-tune works.

this song and video have renewed my faith in snoop yet again.

THIS SHIT > chromeo

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

No. From this:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit also reminds me of the Cee-lo "Closet Freak" video in a way (although the Snoop would have been early 80s and the Cee-Lo late 70s.)

ALSO - fuck these embedded players that play automatically.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

In the 'making of' video on youtube snoop mentions someone from atlanta that had a song called "Driftin'" or something. The name sounded like 'shorty rare' or something? I am mega so maybe this track is well known. I did some checking and could find anything. Would love to hear it.

-pj

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'shorty raer' or something
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawty_Redd

you can hear drifter on his myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/shawtyredd

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    'shorty raer' or something

thanks dude.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Great video, reminders me of the LaToiya Williams track/video from several years back "Fallen Star" which unfortunately got little to no shine (put out by & feat. Snoop):

• my homie eli escobars cousin did this video..genius.
    of course theres hate on the strut about this song...cmon maaaan. snoop is the closest thing we will ever get to a new version of zapp. hes just smart enough to realize the time is now, full circle.

• -

• damn late pass for me!!!

My co worker was singing this shit today so I checked out the video.
    There's alot of hate about the song on so called purist hip hop blog sites but fuck them. This song is

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    this is around 120 bpm, so i fully expect to hear this mixed w/ Ed Banger type stuff for the next 3 months...

• The video is hilarious & it's pretty obvious that the song is very tongue-in-cheek, parodying t-pain and akon and all the 80's throwback shit. But it's still catchy as hell. People who are hating on this are completely missing the point.
    I wish he would bring his sketch comedy show back.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The video is hilarious & it's pretty obvious that the song is very tongue-in-cheek, parodying t-pain and akon and all the 80's throwback shit. But it's still catchy as hell. People who are hating on this are completely missing the point.
    i dont think his point is to parody tpain and i also dont like the idea that in order to appreciate this u have to pretend its some sort of cynical critique of modern pop or some shit

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The video is hilarious & it's pretty obvious that the song is very tongue-in-cheek, parodying t-pain and akon and all the 80's throwback shit. But it's still catchy as hell. People who are hating on this are completely missing the point.
    i dont think his point is to parody tpain and i also dont like the idea that in order to appreciate this u have to pretend its some sort of cynical critique of modern pop or some shit

Agreed--it's obviously an affectionate (and funny) tribute to stuff that Snoop loved as a shortie and probably still does.

This is like when dudes tried to convince themselves that Gangstarr's "The Mall" was supposed to be a vicious parody of materialism in rap of the time.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

This is like when dudes tried to convince themselves that Gangstarr's "The Mall" was supposed to be a vicious parody of materialism in rap of the time.

haha! i missed that.

"Make money money...GO SHOPPING!"

"Yo what the deal cousin gave him a pound now we huggin
    in the mall thuggin buggin spent a few hundred"

haha! i missed that.

"Make money money...GO SHOPPING!"

"Yo what the deal cousin gave him a pound now we huggin
    in the mall thuggin buggin spent a few hundred"

Most times I'm casual, but easily I switch
    to some fly s**t, like some silk suits by Paul Smith
    And purchase some kicks by Kenneth Cole
    Cop a Hilfiger, or Polo goose, for when it's cold
    Armani, and Gaultier specs cover my eyes
    The definition of jiggy so you best to recognize[/b]
    At the mall, I'm baggin' up, much more than gear
    Victoria, be whisperin' mad Secrets in my ear
    She wanted me to knock her in the back of Foot Locker
    I chuckled as she kicked more game than soccer
    Others try to copy, I see 'em when they mock me
    Baseball cap bent, the fresh scent of Isse Miyaki...

• Ah, Faux and Deej, ever vigilant.

I don't think "parody" necessarily means "cynical" or "vicious".
    I'm just saying he obviously had a blast doing this and was probably laughing his ass off in post-production.
    See also: Yacht-Rock.

Ah, Faux and Deej, ever vigilant.

I don't think "parody" necessarily means "cynical" or "vicious".
    I'm just saying he obviously had a blast doing this and was probably laughing his ass off in post-production.
    See also: Yacht-Rock.

Well, I think the main point that deej and I are making is that if it is a parody then it's not a parody of any of his contemporaries.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    my friend showed me this video today.... j

i knew there would be a thread on soulstrut about it, but i figured everybody would hate it for some stupid idiot reason, but im pleasantly surprised you dudes seem to dig it! its a great video.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Wow.

This is the best shit in a minute.

Amazing.

• no dudes for me. I just don't really need to hear those lyrics. Sensual eruption sounds like a Borat song.

Cosign. I heard the dirty version last week and throught it was straight garbage. But this radio edit is much better. Even just the alliteration of "sensual seduction" works alot more. Although it is also crazy who much a good video can do for a song. I was kinda ehh about "Roc Boys" untill I saw the video. Now I'm hooked on that horn line.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    wow, great video, i don't think i've ever had my jawdrop watching a video ever...it would be so easy for the video to have turned out cheezy, but it ended up being surreal...all i can think of is jon stewart in half baked asking me "ya but have you ever seen that snoop video high?"