Persuaders "Love's Gonna Pack Up" question

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
who sampled this classic soul song? i actually did Sample Faq, but no luck. Was it Dilla on one of his beat tapes maybe? I guess I could just go through my many Dilla MP3 folders and try to find it, but as you all know laziness is a common trait of the black peoples and one which I gladly embrace along with tardiness and an affinity for grape soda. can anybody here help me with this question??? thanks in advance!

Comments

• Al sampled that shit

• Al sampled that shit

what for, for one of his own records?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    if im not wrong, it has been sampled by Alc for Prodigy...Three years ago i think. The Cutting Room project he did. The prodigy track is called "my priorities".
    Then you have this german singer called Joy Delanane. Her first single sampled it too. I know that for sure because i remixed it for Europe.

• if im not wrong, it has been sampled by Alc for Prodigy...Three years ago i think. The Cutting Room project he did. The prodigy track is called "my priorities".
    Then you have this german singer called Joy Delanane. Her first single sampled it too. I know that for sure because i remixed it for Europe.

I did the Joy Delanane song. It used the Sly Slick and Wicked version of "Love's Gonna Pack Up". Got the 45 from Dee Rock and then got a copy from Jinx (?).

The Prodigy song was on the Al mixtape "Insomnia". That mixtape was

• Just to add on...
    Black Milk sampled that jawn on "One Song" as well as Dilla...
    Can't recall which beat tape it was on of Dilla's though...

And IIRC I think I heard Smif'n'Wessun over top of the same sample one time,
    but I can't find that one either right now...

Guess I wasn't much help after all...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Also to add on, Black Moon on their Total Eclipse LP.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Thanks for letting me know Jake...i was wondering why the loop didn't sound exactly as the Persuaders one. Now i know why...I'm still in touch with Joy's manager. But shit didn't go too well during her USA trip. I knew Rae for a feat wasn't the brighest thing to do. IF you want i'll post up the remix i did...btw i didn'tknow it was your beat. What happened with the credits?