Kanye's Graduation on vinyl

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
anybody know where I can track down a copy? I saw it was discontinued at some places. I didn't even see any on the bay. Is it really that hard to find?

Comments

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    anybody know where I can track down a copy? I saw it was discontinued at some places. I didn't even see any on the bay. Is it really that hard to find?

i remember ordering it at work ... but i never saw a us press for it ..
    there might be a uk a version ... but i dont think it will come out now since
    its been out for a few months ..so the digi pack is the only retial at the moment

• It was a pre-order on HHV.de slated for around the 25th of this month but it's been removed and is only CD at the moment...

• i'm was told there is NO vinyl release for this album.

and so it begins... again.

• it's strange because they seemed to press a decent amount of his first two albums. I would think they'd at least do a smaller run with this one. It's not like Def Jam has given up on vinyl. They pressed that new Jay-z single with the same program on both sides (i hate those kinds of 12 inches). I wish labels knew that there is still a market to sell vinyl, especially if it's a big artist and they do limited runs.

They did so many promo singles and official singles for his last album but this time around it's only been the import picture dics. Oh well. It would be nice to have it on vinyl.

• it's strange because they seemed to press a decent amount of his first two albums. I would think they'd at least do a smaller run with this one. It's not like Def Jam has given up on vinyl. They pressed that new Jay-z single with the same program on both sides (i hate those kinds of 12 inches).

yeah, what the hell? i went to buy the blue magic single and roc boys and they both had main and radio versions on both sides and thats it! no inst, no acapella! i just bought the album instead.

i think its odd about graduation too. they've even had radio promos of his last albums as well as commercial vinyl, why stop now on his biggest selling album?

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    it's strange because they seemed to press a decent amount of his first two albums. I would think they'd at least do a smaller run with this one. It's not like Def Jam has given up on vinyl. They pressed that new Jay-z single with the same program on both sides (i hate those kinds of 12 inches).

yeah, what the hell? i went to buy the blue magic single and roc boys and they both had main and radio versions on both sides and thats it! no inst, no acapella! i just bought the album instead.

i think its odd about graduation too. they've even had radio promos of his last albums as well as commercial vinyl, why stop now on his biggest selling album?

Yeah, it's weird, I have looked from all distros and there is no vinyl to be had nor have any DJ's I know got any on promo. Chances are slim.

BUT - I would no doubt expect a UK bootleg to surface eventually.

I've started seeing a UK boot of Liquid Swords out there recently.

• I'd prefer not to buy a UK boot. It seems so pointless. Def Jam dropped the ball on this one. If something is going to get bootlegged that means there is a market for it. I can understand them not putting in the money to press up 3-4 singles per album, but not pressing full lengths is weak.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Its particularly odd that they would neglect vinyl entirely on Kanye - he has a lot of crossover fans that would actually buy at least a few LPs, and to not have any 12" seems rather suspicious to me... taking into account all the lame 12" presses that have been coming out lately (the lp/clean versions only and same program on both sides as mentioned above - also having 4+ tracks repeated on both sides which has no benefits but does reduce fidelity quite a bit) I tend to wonder if they're trying to force out rapp vinyl AGAIN.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    much as i like vinyl, im pretty sure microwave has effectively killed it at this point. Unless you are talking about an extremely niche market, Like new funk 7"'s or something.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'd prefer not to buy a UK boot. It seems so pointless. Def Jam dropped the ball on this one. If something is going to get bootlegged that means there is a market for it. I can understand them not putting in the money to press up 3-4 singles per album, but not pressing full lengths is weak.

I agree. I mentioned this exact situation in a thread a couple weeks back, and I still look for this LP (and especially the single to "Good Life") every time I record shop in Berkeley. But I will cop a boot if it has the instros and all that.

• big rock acts are still coming with limited vinyl runs. Makes it stranger that a hip-hop artist has none.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    at least a few LPs

thats it. with 900,000+ non vinyl sales in the first weeks, who gives an ish about vinylnerds? Kweli still might need some of those sales, but Ye? Sad...