Kevin DuBrow dead

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
my first "rock" concert was Quiet Riot...RIPhttp://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574957/20071126/quiet_riot.jhtml

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I remember them putting on a good show.

RIP

• The first LP I ever bought was Quiet Riot.

I also name drop Carlos Cavazos every chance I get.

R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow. May you bang your head with greats of yesteryear.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    rip
    weird tthat i randomly played "cum on feel the noise" last night at the strippy.

• Producers of the loudest single noise I have ever heard, immediately preceding the death of the PA system at Lamour in Brooklyn, NY. RIP...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That sucks! RIP. Loved that Metal Health LP! Pretty much and end to end burner for the era. I remeber them on Solid Gold when that LP came out. Of course, every one lip synced on that show......anyhow at the end of the guitar solo Kevin did this big stage jump off the drums and the vocals start while his in mid air with the mic stand at waist level. Cracked me up! One of those memories that stuck in my brain forever.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One of the strangest - and most fun - nights of my life was seeing
    Quiet Riot at the tiny Boston landmark dive bar The Rat, circa 1994
    or so ... apparently a local booker had learned that Quiet Riot would
    play ANYWHERE in the US for something like $800 - so he booked them
    into this tiny basement club, and they came, all the way from CA ...
    the most awesome thing about the show was, it could be 50 people
    in front of them, or 50,000 - they were going to do the same show
    regardless, and play as if it were the hugest arena on earth. The crowd
    was mostly young punks, with some diehard hairmetallers from the 'burbs
    in the mix, bandanas down the pants leg etal ... I'll never forget the feeling
    of moshing in a circle pit to "Mama Weer All Crazee Now" with a bunch of
    skinheads and mullets, living in brotherhood. I was hoarse for days after,
    having screamed along and banged my head to every track. What a blast.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    That sucks! RIP. Loved that Metal Health LP!
    Also the Cum On Feel The Noise 45 is a sort of guilty pleasure I still can't part with.

• Producers of the loudest single noise I have ever heard, immediately preceding the death of the PA system at Lamour in Brooklyn, NY. RIP...

I always thought that was a rumor. did you go to many shows at Lamours??? What was that DJ's name???

Kevin: RIP.

I always thought that was a rumor. did you go to many shows at Lamours??? What was that DJ's name???

Kevin: RIP.

I was probably there five or six times in the early/mid-80's. Saw the Ramones, Joe Perry Project, Quiet Riot, Talas and a couple of others I can't recall. I don't remember the DJ, but the barmaids, who all wore black spandex, would come out onto the floor and take your order.

• I was probably there five or six times in the early/mid-80's. Saw the Ramones, Joe Perry Project, Quiet Riot, Talas and a couple of others I can't recall. I don't remember the DJ, but the barmaids, who all wore black spandex, would come out onto the floor and take your order.

I used to be there every weekend. Had a blast most of the time except when I went to Slayer there with some of the Anthrax dudes, got sucker punched in the mosh pit and Frank Bello doesn't want to relatiate cuz "they might also be Anthrax fans"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Bummer. RIP. It seemed like he was always coked out of this mind back in the 80s.