Weekend Finds

2»

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

The highlight has to be this: DivShare File - Names_Faces_Sisi.wav

2 bucks.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

SHOCKING BLUE - "send me a postcard" (finally!!)

what does send me a poastcard sound like? i have the lonesome road 45 with acka ragh on the flip

its a ridiculous fuzz guitar/massive drums garage dancefloor killer!!!

Really? I'm definitely into the track, but
    I'm having trouble picturing it filling a
    dancefloor ... it's really just straight rock.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    50 cent thrift store finds (mostly terds)

The Latin-Image 45 out of Austin is good. I'm not sure when it was pressed as I can't find any information on it. The K98 Home Grown project has some good local stuff from Austin from around 1980. I listened to half of the Chase LP last night. I'm not really into jazz fusion that much but for that style it is good. Most of the 45s weren't in the great of shape but for 50 cents each I grabbed them.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    That's it, I'm moving to the east coast dakar

NICE FREE CUMMUPS, DUDE!!!!!!

• i got a copy of Lee Shot Williams - Get Some Order on Shama 45

• SHOCKING BLUE - "send me a postcard" (finally!!)

what does send me a poastcard sound like? i have the lonesome road 45 with acka ragh on the flip

it always fills the dancefloors ive been at. you got to the wrong places. im gonna play it tomorrow night and see what happens.

you go to the wrong places.

it's true

• later on that evening i went through a part of found like 6 crates of records on the side of the street ready for the trashman. all 12"s from the late 70s to the mid 80s--i loaded up my car and took them to my storage unit and rummaged through them. it was a very cold evening to dig through them there--my hands felt like they were going to fall off--but--

found loads of stuff including...

12"s were in excellent minty shape. the edges of the covers and the labels had some residue from what looked to be a fire. no warping or anything. so if they look dirty--that is why. a little smoke-smell. but excellent asides from that.

sounds like a fun way to spend the evening. wish that shit would happen to me.

• actually not only weekend finds, but the highlights of some records I got within the last week - definitely my best week in 2007

US Stuff:

Ricardo Marrero is
    OH MY GOD....

The Ricardo, that is

When you get sick of it - call me!

• popped down to my local plastic wax and they had a bunch of magma in - os i got this lot for a very reasonable price. listening to the one with the big claw on now - sounds Frickin' great!!

the KRUG 4 came in the post from deutscheland and is alright -- a few funky bits but also some dross.

the MIKE LONGO in the top left has an absolutley lovely break on it - i still cant leave them alone, even though ive now sold my sampler

• SHOCKING BLUE - "send me a postcard" (finally!!)

it always fills the dancefloors ive been at. you got to the wrong places. im gonna play it tomorrow night and see what happens.

I can vouch for this, I busted it out once to see what would happen and indeed folks got down to it...in fact for the next few weeks afterward, it got requested a few times...folks love this track in my experience.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

SHOCKING BLUE - "send me a postcard" (finally!!)

I can vouch for this, I busted it out once to see what would happen and indeed folks got down to it...in fact for the next few weeks afterward, it got requested a few times...folks love this track in my experience.

I lose my shit as soon as I hear this song... if I'm ever at a place where this is played (not by me) there better be a clear path to the dancefloor or I'm gonna stomp some fools getting there!

• Last few days real world (except the Palmieri) finds. Excuse the blur. Love the Oktava record. Crazy Russian big band psych funk.

I lose my shit as soon as I hear this song... if I'm ever at a place where this is played (not by me) there better be a clear path to the dancefloor or I'm gonna stomp some fools getting there!

ha - wow. Well, like I said, I love the song myself,
    I just think of it as a kind of pounding proto-punk
    screamer, not a groovy dance floor number.

I guess it all comes down to one simple fact.

I GO TO THE WRONG PLACES

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I GO TO THE WRONG PLACES

Me too! I've never actually heard someone besides myself play this one out... I'm just guessing what my reaction would be based on my feelings towards the track. It's kinda like when Run to the Hills came on at my friend's wedding and I almost murdered 12 people on my way to the dancefloor

• its a killer track for sure --- 'send me a postcard' has the same effect on a pissed up crowd with open minded taste as The Nazz's "open my eyes".

definately staples in my set these days.

• $5 Buy It Now on eBay. Still sealed..