Good Discography Resources

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I came across this Luis Bonf?? discography today and it reminded me of the visual discographies that WaxPoetics used to do.What are some good resources for looking up artist discographies? I know there's the obvious (Discogs, Wiki, BSNpubs, the soul/funk 45 pages by state), but what else is out there that gives a real complete and accurate discography for labels/artists, especially for artists with confusing catalogs or multiple pressings? There's a lot of information out there but few that are all that comprehensivejazzdisco.orgbsnpubs.com

Comments

• I came across this Luis Bonf?? discography today and it reminded me of the visual discographies that WaxPoetics used to do.

What are some good resources for looking up artist discographies? I know there's the obvious (Discogs, Wiki, BSNpubs, the soul/funk 45 pages by state), but what else is out there that gives a real complete and accurate discography for labels/artists, especially for artists with confusing catalogs or multiple pressings? There's a lot of information out there but few that are all that comprehensive

jazzdisco.org
    bsnpubs.com

You didn't mention Soulful Kinda Music, which is a good resource for looking up soul acts from the '60s/'70s era (post-R&B, pre-disco). Mainly singles oriented.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    http://www.soulfulkindamusic.net

Lots of 45 discogs by Label and Artist.

EDIT:

Whoops, I just noticed that this was mentioned in the above (and now below) post.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I came across this Luis Bonf?? discography today and it reminded me of the visual discographies that WaxPoetics used to do.

What are some good resources for looking up artist discographies? I know there's the obvious (Discogs, Wiki, BSNpubs, the soul/funk 45 pages by state), but what else is out there that gives a real complete and accurate discography for labels/artists, especially for artists with confusing catalogs or multiple pressings? There's a lot of information out there but few that are all that comprehensive

jazzdisco.org
    bsnpubs.com

You didn't mention Soulful Kinda Music, which is a good resource for looking up soul acts from the '60s/'70s era (post-R&B, pre-disco). Mainly singles oriented.

Ah yeah, I always get linked there by google but never remember the page. Thanks.

• this one's pretty good for reggae related. then again, I'm not really deep enough into it to know what they're missing:

www.roots-archives.com

• this one's pretty good for reggae related. then again, I'm not really deep enough into it to know what they're missing:

www.roots-archives.com

Pretty good but LPs only...and reggae is all about those 45s.

For those, there is the "Roots Knotty Roots" database that is available as a CD-Rom for purchase. Don't own it myself, but it's supposedly the good.