21 versions of the Theme from SHAFT...

crossingscrossings 946 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
i like what jaymack started in that "Summertime" thread and i realized that i have all these cover versions of SHAFT on my hard drive that i've accumulated over time... reggae versions, jazz versions, latin versions, a punk version, etc... so i figured i'd share them all with you strutters.there are 21 versions total and i didn't include the original Isaac Hayes here. this is not a mix, just twenty one separate cover versions by:Bennie SmithBernard PurdieBlack Randy And The MetrosquadByron Lee & The DragonairesByron PetersonCabaret VoltaireThe Chosen FewDecimoDutch Rhythm Steel And Show BandEsquires LTDHenry ManciniHenryk DebichJimmy McGriffJoe BataanMaynard FergusonNite-LitersOsaka MononaurailProphets of SoulRay CanniffStanley TurrentineThe Ventureshttp://www.sendspace.com/file/axub2k

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    [...] i have all these cover versions of SHAFT on my hard drive that i've accumulated over time...

There's another Shaft cover by indie band The Wedding Present on the Hit Parade album...

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    SHAFT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    NEXT

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    SHAFT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    NEXT

Why don't you post up 21 versions of something better, than?

Lil' Douchey.

• SHAFT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    NEXT

Pay him no mind, I don't even particularly like TFS but i'm still interested to hear this - I love the way different peoples minds reconstruct/reconstruct a tune.

I'm sure there is at least one in here for everyone.

Thanks!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Don't you mean 210 versions of Shaft?

Man, I think there's 21 diff versions of Shaft just by Aussie groups!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    There was a thread about 100 Shaft covers some time ago...

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    SHAFT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    NEXT

Why don't you post up 21 versions of something better, than?

Lil' Douchey.
    is that a challange ice ice baby