Utrecht finds - post 'em here

lord_crokerlord_croker 10 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
This was my fourth and by far best visit to Utrecht. I found so many of my long term wants and a few surprises thrown in. Frustratingly "Let's Go To Randstad" 7" eluded me (yet again) but at long, long last I got my mits on a mint "Grijpstra & De Gier"Firstly the Dutch stuff:Hello, and welcome to Jazz Club. Grreat:Japanese stuff:Brazilian bizness:The rest:Some latin bits:I'm already saving for April!

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    the only stone alliance i have is "con amigos" and didnt feel it. is the rest of their stuff similar or do they switch it up at all? do they bring heat?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    the only stone alliance i have is "con amigos" and didnt feel it. is the rest of their stuff similar or do they switch it up at all? do they bring heat?

Nice finds!

And yes , stone alliance brings some heat for sure. The record next to 'con amigos' , with Marcio Montarroyos on trumpet has some really dirty tracks on it ... the Don Alias compositions are my favorite.

+ they have a record with a track called 'sweetie pie' that is quite good!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    NICE FINDS DUDE!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

How is that Maurice Sonjon? Library squareness or actually good?

• the only stone alliance i have is "con amigos" and didnt feel it. is the rest of their stuff similar or do they switch it up at all? do they bring heat?

Personally the only PM label release I'm into is steve grossman - some shapes to come. That is the jazz fusion heat, if anything is.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    pedro ruy blas is the shit though.... great record.

• Nice Utrecht session for me, coupled with a visit to a fellow jazzman in Belgium... pics speak better than words (sorry for quality)

• First time I'd been to Utrecht....amazing fair and still kicking myself for leaving some stuff for decent prices ie Gal Costa 2nd LP and numerous euro LP's. Sorry for some flashback.

Few token hip hop cheapies to fill in gaps (MC Lyte I Cram To Understand You is the FPM)

• Out of curiosity, what's the average price for LPs that you pulled? Never been to Utrecht, one day, one day...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

I never thought I would ever see an Anita Meyer album posted on this board.. wow
    Did you listen to it yet? How is it?

• Out of curiosity, what's the average price for LPs that you pulled? Never been to Utrecht, one day, one day...

It really depends.. I think the average is around 15 euros. The only record I paid real value for is the RHESUS O LP, I was after this record for years!

• I never thought I would ever see an Anita Meyer album posted on this board.. wow

On first listen its pretty awful. It was very cheap and bought on the basis of Erik Tagg writing and playing on it - that was a gamble that didn't pay off! There was always bound to be a dud or two in my haul...

• I never thought I would ever see an Anita Meyer album posted on this board.. wow

On first listen its pretty awful. It was very cheap and bought on the basis of Erik Tagg writing and playing on it - that was a gamble that didn't pay off! There was always bound to be a dud or two in my haul...

That Millers lp is pretty awful too except for that hip version of Calypso Blues....you see this compilation all the time but their Soft Swing in Stereo LP hardly ever pops up.

• hey, was great to meet you grope, nzshadow, coffin joe, and fejmelba. will see you all next time.

sorry for the crappy pics. this is what i found:

• hey, was great to meet you grope, nzshadow, coffin joe, and fejmelba. will see you all next time.

sorry for the crappy pics. this is what i found:

Nice finds man. May I ask you at which stand you bought that Clifford Coulter LP? I traded one with a seller...could be my copy you have now....has it got a taped cover?
    Still looking for a copy of that Larry Ridley LP. Heavy version of Well you needn't on that.

• yo markus, that must be your copy. i saw you trade it and i was on it right away. saw you pulled a cheapo copy of montara and that inspired me to dig one up as well. wish i had know you were a strutter. next time...