New Brooklyn Radio Mix: Cosmo Baker VS Pete Rock

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Whattup?This week's Rub Radio show exclusively on BrooklynRadio.net is a 60+ minute tribute to one of hip-hop's greatest producers, Mt. Vernon's one and only chocolate boy wonder, Pete Rock.Pete is arguably one of the most influential musicians of hip-hop and I have a sincere love for the music this guy has done, and the sound he singlehandedly created, so I made a mix featuring some of my favorite recordings and productions of his.I hope you enjoy listening to this as much as I enjoyed making it.Brooklyn Radio & The Rub Present: Cosmo Baker "P.R., Take 'Em To The Bridge"[/b] 1. Brother Jack McDuff ???Electric Surfboard??? 2. El Michaels Affair ???The P.J.???s feat. Raekwon The Chef??? (Pete Rock Remix) 3. Redman ???Gimme One??? 4. The Jackson 5 ???2-4-6-8??? 5. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???Appreciate??? 6. Black Star ???Respiration??? (Pete Rock Remix) 7. Pete Rock ???The Game feat. Raekwon The Chef & Prodigy??? 8. Pete Rock & Large Professor ???The Rap World??? 9. Rahzel ???All I Know??? 10. Pete Rock ???#1 Soul Brother??? 11. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???It???s Not A Game??? 12. All City ???Priceless??? 13. Pete Rock ???Half Man Half Amazin??? feat. Method Man??? 14. Pete Rock ???We Roll feat. Jim Jones & Max B.??? 15. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???The Main Ingredient??? 16. Public Enemy ???Shut ???Em Down??? (Pete Rock Remix) 17. Pete Rock ???Niggas Know feat. D Dilla??? 18. Slum Village ???Once Upon A Time feat. Pete Rock??? 19. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???Back On The Block??? 20. Bob James ???Take Me To The Mardi Gras??? 21. Sporty Thievz ???Street Cinema 2??? (Pete Rock Remix) 22. I-n-I ???Props??? 23. Pete Rock ???Da Villa feat. Slum Village??? 24. Lou Donaldson ???Pot Belly??? 25. Heavy D ???Blue Funk??? 26. The Notorious B.I.G. ???Juicy??? (Pete Rock Remix) 27. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???Shine On Me??? 28. The Sylvers ???Stay Away From Me??? 29. Run DMC ???Down With The King??? 30. Das EFX ???Jussumen??? (Pete Rock Remix) 31. A.D.O.R. ???Let It All Hang Out??? 32. Ernie Hines ???Our Generation??? 33. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???Straighten It Out??? 34. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)??? 35. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth ???The Good Life??? 36. House Of Pain ???Jump Around??? (Pete Rock Remix)CLICK HERE TO STREAM AUDIO[/b]CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST[/b]

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Edit: Ghostface Killah "Be Easy" should be #29 on the tracklist, right after The Sylvers.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    hell yes!!!

just waht i needed, i am downloading in anticipation, that tracklist is amazing.

nice one sir.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    thanks man. i need this in my life

any updates on wmc?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Another necessary mix from Cosmo.
    Thanks bro.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Cosmo,

Nice mix, bro!!! You gotta follow up with a sequel of more Pete Rock sickness. I need to hear "Fades 'Em All," "Real Hip-Hop," "Pass the Mic," "Mecca & the Soul Brother (remix)," "Flow On (New Symphony," "Can't Stop the Prophet," "Rampage," "Lots of Livin' (remix)," "Check It," and so many more. Also, you gotta show those crazy Hispanics (no need to panic...) some love.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• How can I download it? I clicked the link to the BrooklynRadio site and clicked on the link but it just opened a stream. Is there a mp3 available or something?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How can I download it? I clicked the link to the BrooklynRadio site and clicked on the link but it just opened a stream. Is there a mp3 available or something?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/the-rub

Play Now (right click, save link as...)

Thanks, CmoB!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Dope, Coz, you are consistently that dude.

Oh yeah, nice interview.

http://heavyinthestreets.blogspot.com/2007/11/can-you-dig-it-vol-2-cosmo-baker.html

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Damn.

Thank you.

oh, and:

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    cosmo,

this is really dope!!

much respect.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    How can I download it? I clicked the link to the BrooklynRadio site and clicked on the link but it just opened a stream. Is there a mp3 available or something?

When I opened the page in firefox I got a built in mp3 player and could not save the mp3 file. Tried it in explorer and it's an entirely different looking page that will let you right click and 'save link as' to save the mp3 local.

Looks dope, thanks!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Superb stuff. Looking forward to hearing this on the way home tonight. Cheers Cosmo.

• Great work, Mr. CosB! Thanks for this, and plaese to peep your PMs.