UNC B-ball and My Cuz

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
after two solid years on the JV team at UNC, my cousin walked on to the UNC basketball team this year (Jack Wooten #30). He just played his first 2 minutes and 15 seconds of NCAA Div I basketball against Iona. No points, but a few touches and no turnovers. i'm Frickin' pumped.now, i went to nc state, but i grew up a unc fan, and my wife went to unc. and, well, blood is thicker than water. so i gotta represent unc to the fullest this year (although the wolfpack in me is still gonna be pulling for state too).

Comments

• Awesome..what kinda numbers was he putting up in JV?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Awesome. Keep us updated!

I just recently met this dude who went to HS with Lamar Odom and still "smokes weed with him, and goes to his gay little parties". He also told me he played ball at Villanova for a year, and bounced because he knew he wasn`t gonna get any minutes behind Kerry Kittles.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Awesome..what kinda numbers was he putting up in JV?

I can't find his stats right now, but he was the starting point guard and averaged on the order of 15 ppg, something like 5 assists. Two of the other walk-ons (one who hit a three in the last minute against Iona, the other some free throws) were his teammates. It's funny because our uncle was a bench warmer back in Dean Smith's first season, so the tradition continues. It's crazy seeing him play on national TV. Hopefully he'll get some OK minutes this year. And maybe...maybe...I can't get some tourney tickets.

• i was there tonight... i saw your cousin's first minutes... they scored 100 points, so sausage biscuits are 2/$1.00 at bojangles tomorrow morning!

in related news, tyler hansbrough YOKED on some dude from iona tonight... it has to be on sporscenter top 10 in the morning