Life Appreciation!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,I find it troubling that people are so disaffected, utilitarian, hedonic, and despairing of life. In stark contrast, as I get older (having just celebrated a birthday last month-38 years), I find myself in a happy place. As I age, I've learned to put aside petty slights and irritation of insignificant things. I appreciate the blessing of living as long as I have and being able to do the things I've done. I am thankful for everyday and I relish the simplest of pleasures like these: I'm in a happy, skip-along, trippy place right now, dancing within my own protective cocoon, impervious to the negativity and spite of others. Love and appreciate life, people. We have a lot for which to be thankful and let's reflect on this during the Thanksgiving holiday (and everyday, for that matter).Peace and glad tidings,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Life is what you make it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    LOLZ happy birthday old guy.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, B-Sides. What, no one is lovin' life up in here? As the Walter Hawkins and Love Alive Choir said (with Lynette Hawkins on lead vocal), "Be graaaaaaaateful...'cause someone else is worse off than you. Be graaaaaaaatefuuuuuuuuuul!!!!!..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    all these weird threads start always with the nothern hemisphere winter.

• Hey, Stacks, I am also loving life right now. I'm finally financially independent, I like what I'm doing, I like where I'm living, I like my friends... the list goes on.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Thanks, B-Sides. What, no one is lovin' life up in here? As the Walter Hawkins and Love Alive Choir said (with Lynette Hawkins on lead vocal), "Be graaaaaaaateful...'cause someone else is worse off than you. Be graaaaaaaatefuuuuuuuuuul!!!!!..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

nah, thats something i keep in mind daily. Cant forget about that!

My folks taught me that the best way to achieve anything in life is to always remain in the mindset of being thankful. When you are focussed on being greatful for things you will always emanate positive energy, which can only bring good things to you.

conversely, when you focus on what you dont yet have or what you desparately want, you are approaching the world from a negative perspective and will only attract further negativity.

Life is great.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Hey Big Stacks

Thanks for the simple and wise words.

Peace

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    While I find life endlessly challenging and humanity(myself included) short on even the most simple values and virtues, every day above ground is a blessing. Make the most of it, everyone!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    As Hov would say, "jewels got no flaws". Good words, Big Stackalack. I definitely appreciate life more than I did 3 years ago. Beautiful pictures!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Thanks, Yuichi. I find that it doesn't take as much to please me. I derive pleasure from the breeze after a rain, or watching a cardinal in a tree. A sunny day or afternoon rain brings me joy. I cherish the morning walk with my dog. The love of a good mate is priceless, or the smile of a stranger. I appreciate a good conversation over a good beer. I don't need all the trappings, superficiality, and ego. It doesn't matter. We're getting too far away from the simple things that matter like legacy, what how have we moved mankind forward. Little things like a kind gesture toward another might pull him/her off the ledge. Now, more than say 10 years ago, I'm truly getting in touch what's truly important, and it makes life much more enriching.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I'm in a happy, skip-along, trippy place right now, dancing within my own protective cocoon

you been smokin' that GOOD schitt today, haven't you my brotha?

I'm in a happy, skip-along, trippy place right now, dancing within my own protective cocoon

you been smokin' that GOOD schitt today, haven't you my brotha?

I'm floatin' high of life my brotha, although I'm 'bout to down a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout in a few minutes. Nah, I've just been rather introspective lately, and I'm enjoying where I am mentally and emotionally right now. I wondered how others felt in this regard. I'm in a much better place than I was a year or two ago. I've learned with my move that context is SOOOOOOOOO important.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Thanks, Yuichi. I find that it doesn't take as much to please me. I derive pleasure from the breeze after a rain, or watching a cardinal in a tree. A sunny day or afternoon rain brings me joy. I cherish the morning walk with my dog. The love of a good mate is priceless, or the smile of a stranger. I appreciate a good conversation over a good beer. I don't need all the trappings, superficiality, and ego. It doesn't matter. We're getting too far away from the simple things that matter like legacy, what how have we moved mankind forward. Little things like a kind gesture toward another might pull him/her off the ledge. Now, more than say 10 years ago, I'm truly getting in touch what's truly important, and it makes life much more enriching.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word, life.

• I derive pleasure from the breeze after a rain, or watching a cardinal in a tree. A sunny day or afternoon rain brings me joy. I cherish the morning walk with my dog. The love of a good mate is priceless, or the smile of a stranger. I appreciate a good conversation over a good beer. I don't need all the trappings, superficiality, and ego. It doesn't matter. We're getting too far away from the simple things that matter

amen, brother.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I always remember this saying I read somewhere:

"whenever someone sighs that life is hard, you must always be tempted to ask: compared to what?"

• While I find life endlessly challenging and humanity(myself included) short on even the most simple values and virtues, every day above ground is a blessing. Make the most of it, everyone!

I have the same "challenges", and I have to keep reminding myself how good I have it. Lots to be thankful for this week.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    life is fuckin great.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    life is fuckin great.

Im now saying...life gives you limes, make gimlets

• does anyone remember that bad early 90's song that went kind of like "lifeee, oh lifeee, ohhh liffee, life, do do do do do)

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Holidays make me bug a little bit. But I've got no real room to complain.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    It's really nice to see some true sentiment and positive feeling on this board.
    Couldn't agree with you more Big Stacks, and thanks for bringing it.

Cheers....

You're welcome, Tuneup. I just wanted to share my appreciation of life and all that it offers. We're are truly blessed to be among the living. Every day is a gift.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    does anyone remember that bad early 90's song that went kind of like "lifeee, oh lifeee, ohhh liffee, life, do do do do do)

That would be Opus with their 1985 horror Life Is Life.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    does anyone remember that bad early 90's song that went kind of like "lifeee, oh lifeee, ohhh liffee, life, do do do do do)

That would be Des'ree with her late nineties abomination 'Life'[/b] .

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Des'ree

For real though, this week I've appreciated life more than I have in a long time. You learn and grow. I like school, work and I'm DJing tonight. And I'm going to New York on monday, which I've wanted to do all my life (never even been to the states before). Life really is good right now.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

That would be Des'ree with her late nineties abomination 'Life'[/b] .

I feel a comp coming on....