Mayweather vs. Hatton

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hey Fight Heads,Who you guys taking in the Mayweather vs. Hatton fight? I gotta go with Mayweather given his superior boxing skills, defense, and lateral movement. I think Hatton will fight aggressively which will open up counterpunching opportunities for Mayweather. I believe the fight will start out exciting, with Hatton pressing the action; however, after severe counterpunches he will take in return, he will go into a defensive shell (ala Arturo Gatti in Round 3 and beyond in his fight with Mayweather). As a result, the fight will digress into a monotonous boxing match with Hatton eating Mayweather's punches round after round, while Hatton's punch output will decline. I pick Mayweather in a 12-round decision or 7th or 8th-round stoppage (probably a TKO due to cuts). What are y'all thinking?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mayweather

• i think mayweather by decision but i want hatton to win cause i can't stand floyd's arrogance. funny, i just watched the hatton vs castillo 4th round KO on youtube the other day. hatton's body shot KO was no joke. i cringed thinking about the ribs. it'd be exciting to see something like that in this fight but that's wishful thinking.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Sir[/b] Ricky Hatton.

Really jus' because he's English, as I know little about boxing.

oh, and because dude loves his Mum.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Sir[/b] Ricky Hatton.

Really jus' because he's English, as I know little about boxing.

oh, and because dude loves his Mum.

Nah, Moke, it's gonna go down more like this:

Also, here is picture of what guys look like after the fight when they press the action against Mayweather:

Here is what Hatton can look forward to.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    We'll see.

• i think Hatton will have a huge shotcount throughout the fight, trying to out work/smuther mayweather.

a similar gameplan as De La Hoya had, If De La Hoya had had better conditioning in his fight against floyd that fight could have been a different story.

but as Big Stacks said cuts are a big risk with ricky and with the Floyds quality and acuracy i can see a heartbreaking (for us brits) technical knockout due to cuts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    i think mayweather by decision but i want hatton to win cause i can't stand floyd's arrogance. funny, i just watched the hatton vs castillo 4th round KO on youtube the other day. hatton's body shot KO was no joke. i cringed thinking about the ribs. it'd be exciting to see something like that in this fight but that's wishful thinking.

Keep in mind, Hatton KOed a "WASHED UP" Castillo (and Tyszu for that matter). People are also forgetting he had trouble with Luis Collazo, a slick boxer-puncher type who is far inferior to Mayweather in the skills department. Here is a picture of Hatton from after that fight:

To me, this spells trouble for Hatton. Styles make fights.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Sounds like you got no love for Ricky at all Stacks..

I think Mayweather will win,but Hatton will test him more than anyone else has.
    I agree that the cuts may decide things..
    One thing is for sure, it won`t be boring.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't doubt that Mayweather is going to be the favourite going into the fight but there's no way I can watch this without believing that Hatton has a chance. Therefore, as a brit, I've got to put my money on Hatton.

• I say Pretty Boy Floyd. I actually saw the Hatton vs Castillo fight and apart from that perfectly placed body shot he didn't look that great. Plus he's having to go up in weight for this fight which never bodes well, fighting Floyd at his weight is a whole nother level type shit. Having said that, Hatton is tough and well trained. I don't think he'll go down easy, but dude also prone to getting lumped up. If Mayweather had more power he could put Hatton down, but that's not the case so it'll be a TKO or decision. Should be a good fight, but in the last half Hatton will be out classed.

• I pick Mayweather in a 12-round decision or 7th or 8th-round stoppage (probably a TKO due to cuts). What are y'all thinking?

• I pick Mayweather