Sales tax on eBay

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
What is this schitt!?When was this feature introduced?Am I really supposed to believe that a smalltime seller with feedback in the low hundreds is going to pass my $12 along to the government next April?

Comments

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Can't knock the hustle though

Or can you

• As long as it's in your state. What tax laws he breaks is not your concern. You've fulfilled your legal obligation.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    everytime i see "faux" I can't escape this image flashing thru my mind,you will never be taken seriously again

IMG SRC=http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9938/twoheadsqu8.jpg>

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    As long as it's in your state. What tax laws he breaks is not your concern.

It absolutely is my concern if the seller has collected taxes from me.

I'm just a touch annoyed because dude's in NYC, is charging ~$9 for shipping and taxing me $11+... for a total of more than $20.

• Do you demand the same from the bodega? Any business you buy from could be cheating . Yeah it's of concern but what are you gonna do?

• As long as it's in your state. What tax laws he breaks is not your concern.

I'm just a touch annoyed because dude's in NYC, is charging ~$9 for shipping and taxing me $11+... for a total of more than $20.

Is the tax rate correct? If he's over charging, that's another story.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Do you demand the same from the bodega? Any business you buy from could be cheating . Yeah it's of concern but what are you gonna do?

Bodega never charged me tax in my life--it occupies a grey market space kind of like smalltime ebay sellers.

Look, if Jonny or aleit demanded tax from me I wouldn't bat an eye because I know they do this and that they pay up in April. Somebody with feedback in the low hundreds? Not so much.

Bye now.

• Do you demand the same from the bodega? Any business you buy from could be cheating . Yeah it's of concern but what are you gonna do?

Bodega never charged me tax in my life--it occupies a grey market space kind of like smalltime ebay sellers.

Look, if Jonny or aleit demanded tax from me I wouldn't bat an eye because I know they do this and that they pay up in April. Somebody with feedback in the low hundreds? Not so much.

Bye now.

if your so concerned make him give you a receipt.

• Sorry, we get taxed differently in CA. So I guess you don't see the point.