whats the best record you got in the last month?

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    saw this on the Amoeba wall yesterday for $345. I know a bunch of these have been popping up as of late so I'ma just sit back and watch the prices drop and pounce when I feel like it

Yeah, one was going for $300+ on eBay last week. Wild stuff. You got the right idea... it'll drop. Worth picking up for sure though.

DJ Ferrari

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    heaven sent & ecststy

1:rapping with my subconcious mind
    2: i'm a lady
    3: success y'all (inner city youth thrash metal anthem)

i heard there are 45's from this lp. anyone have those!!!!! i need the 45 of success yall.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Shadow - Shadows In The Streets: monster boogie/modern soul LP

Saint Etienne - Tales from Turnpike House: great new LP from an old favorite group

SG

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Probably more like best record I got in the last year. Scorcher!

saw this on the Amoeba wall yesterday for $345. I know a bunch of these have been popping up as of late so I'ma just sit back and watch the prices drop and pounce when I feel like it

Don't bet on it... it's in high demand and the stash is going to dry up

I believe Larry T is sold out too

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

SG

YES!

I've been trying to comp the best tracks off a lot of my modern soul LP's onto my computer but when it came to this one I just thought maybe I should just burn the whole album.

Just got their one from '79, not as great but still good

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The cph vibe of the past few weeks (thanks GamleOle):

And listening to it reminds me that I need more Alice Coltrane in my life.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

I only got like half a dozen records in the past month, though...

man but thats one hell of a record. only seen one copy of it and dude wanted like $50 for it. Maybe I shoulda done it, but I know I can find it for much cheaper

I don't really know what the going rate on it is--I gave up a little less than $50 in trade.

I got one at Wax n Facts in Atlanta two or three years ago for $10. They were sleeping. Great album.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

SG

YES!

I've been trying to comp the best tracks off a lot of my modern soul LP's onto my computer but when it came to this one I just thought maybe I should just burn the whole album.

Just got their one from '79, not as great but still good

Yeh, that first LP wasn't as flat-out impressive as this one, but the first cut, "I Need Love," is a massively funky tune! Really great brass arrangements by Fred Wesley.

I also got their 2nd LP (self-titled from 1980)...sounds a lot like Michael McDonald (I think they were mimicking his vocal style on this LP) crossed with the mellow jazzy style of producer Leon Ware's "Rocking You Eternally" LP.

SG

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

oui oui! Track 6 & 8 are doing it for me real proper.

I like big chan, yuichi, john, and mangoman for being the ones here who are onto birdo.

shig, her stuff is top notch, give it a shot.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

finally found one for less than $10, I've also only bought about four or five records this month.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    New Juggler Sound - Bahia 45 (otherwise known as Laghonia). KILLS SHIT.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

finally found one for less than $10, I've also only bought about four or five records this month.

Man, that is a great record. It goes well with a few drinks on a late saturday afternoon (Don't get it twisted, though: fully enjoyable when sober, too)

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

this shit was playing yesterday on the TT. great piece of vinyl right there...

sorry i blocked the name but im not prepared to give that up yet. local bay area group that has an awesome record. tunes were recorded from '72 up to '80 and released then as well. modern soul sound with synths and horns and very danceable... great soul ballads and this ill funky instrumental thats kind of EWF... extremely dope...

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts

wow. that looks just like the one i sold on ebay a month ago. ring wear damn near identical...shed some light on your find homie...as for the record, it is mos def a but still

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

sorry i blocked the name but im not prepared to give that up yet. local bay area group that has an awesome record. tunes were recorded from '72 up to '80 and released then as well.

man, why you gotta be all toothy 'bout that record? at least post up a soundclip.

I think its time I share the overwhelming joy that is Homeboy and COL with y'all

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Man, that is a great record. It goes well with a few drinks on a late saturday afternoon (Don't get it twisted, though: fully enjoyable when sober, too)

Co-sizzle. I pulled this one out for the radio joint this week, because we were in the midst of a 90+ degree heatwave, and "Out of the City" is a perfect hot summer afternoon song. Was the "Soul Sister" from here a hit? Or did someone else do the hit of it, because I'm sure I know it from waay back.

• Archie Shepp's Four For Trane for four dollars. Best deal and record combo.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Funny, mine is a deal & record combo too, making it the best of the month - to be honest, I've been copping some hot shit lately (stores are pulling new stock out of nowhere, maybe alot of dudes are starting to sell off their ish?), but this one was:

a) dope
    b) clean
    c) true OG
    d) $3
    e) super-dope

45 of the month:

mad funky with drum breaks and baseball-metaphor lyrics, word.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Some of the things I've taken home with me...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    this little gem...Optimistics "Slave to your love" memphis 45 raer.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JKD42QH0JYFA1QMSBNCW94EJH

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts

Thanks to moroccomole, just sublime.

1982 art with an actual feather glued to the cover, like a more accessable Laurie Anderson, who is already accessable for me anyway. Thanks to the sleepyeyed folks at Amoeba.

What is the Christ Tree all about?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Some of the things I've taken home with me...

I fucking hate you.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    LP:

Curtis Mayfield "Rapping"

45:

Emotions "Blind Alley"

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Raincoats, Black Man's Soul, damn, just about everything from the past month has been doing it for me.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Considering I just won Logg today on eBay, I'd have to say that this is my best record of this month.

• prolly this little guy.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    courtesy of Drewn:

i hope that was a double, why the hell would he let that go?

It was a double, and he is a nice dude.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    that congo ashanti lp is so good jonny. pulled that amongst 10 or 15 others at infinity back when.

best in the past month. i've bought a truly ridiculous amount of records this month.

but i would have to say i'm going for the classics and what has moved me during late night listening:

or perhaps

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    courtesy of Drewn:

i hope that was a double, why the hell would he let that go?

It was a double, and he is a nice dude.
    Birdman is a pretty nice dude too ya'll(no ayo)

but yeah drew is the man. he sent me a Gil Scott-pieces of man for nothing!

• Probably more like best record I got in the last year. Scorcher!

Don't bet on it... it's in high demand and the stash is going to dry up

I believe Larry T is sold out too

I've got a feeling this one is gonna down in price as well.

used one just sold for $150 on ebay...and didnt someone on here find 3 sealed copies of this recently?