New African Mix (No Afrobeat!)

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited June 2019 in Strut Central

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    This looks great (nice cover) cant wait to listen...

Why is it that I can't seem to be able to make any sort of mix without including one if not two tracks by Orchestre Poly Rythmo? I guess the reason is that the Tout Puissant Orchestre Poly Rythmo is the mightiest musical force of West Africa. Their output as far as quality, variety and quantity are concerned overshadows pretty much any other group of musicians or singular artist I have so far encountered in over 10 years of intercontinental record digging in Europe, the US or in West Africa. Here they bless us with a Sato, a traditional Rhythm from Benin that -as mentioned before, I in my humble opinion consider to be the root of all things Afrobeat.

gigantic

ive included tem in 4 of my mixes this month...Ibrahima had exactly the same comment about the afrobeat roots...seriously this group has retartd amounts of heat tracks..dyzzying variety and an incredible story and from the collectros point of view one of the illest 45 and lp covers...a full fiscography would be crazy..they deserve their own boxset, documentary dvd etc...

nice frank keep it up

• Thanks for this Frank! Always appreciate your mixes and record pics, but most of all, love reading your stories.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Thanks for this Frank! Always appreciate your mixes and record pics, but most of all, love reading your stories.

BIG

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Nice!

Probably your best mix so far (imo).

That National Badema track is incredible.

Again, thanks for sharing the wealth.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Thanks for this Frank! Always appreciate your mixes and record pics, but most of all, love reading your stories.

BIG

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Nice! Thanks, Frank.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    yeah, this is starting the day off right.

• Great work Frank. I love your explaination of every song too.

• It doesn't have to have funky breaks; club-friendly beats, I don't care. You are amassing a world-class collection there.

• Thanks for this Frank! Always appreciate your mixes and record pics, but most of all, love reading your stories.

BIG

i think i write a post like this every tyme u post one of these but i think that its 2, beucs we all appreciate these mixses so so much.. !! have a good weekend.

• frank for president...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Frank is definitely the James bond of Digging man. Really appreciate these mixes.

- spidey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    This mix is absurdly good in my top 3 of yours...you keep on killing it

love the first track again

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Lovely mix - I showed this to a friend in the office who had just spent a month in Ghana learning african percussion. She's now a real big fan of yours.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    yeah, this mix has many horn stabs that are not evident on others.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    great start to the week

only bad thing about these mixes is the unlikely event i'll ever find even half these records

many thanks for sharing

• Damn, how'd I miss this one? Frank, you are definitely one of the most valuable contributors to this board. We're lucky to have you here.

• -