That Steve Rocco documentary....(Man Who Souled..)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I told someone to get the dvd for me as a xmas present, but I would REALLY like to see the doc now if possible. I tried searching around a little for it, but I am not the best at finding shit like this. I would assume it HAS to be available to watch online somewhere. I know skaters have to have ripped the dvd for the net somewhere. Anyone on here know anything?

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I want to see this too.

Other skate related news, that Lakai "Fully Flared" video is released this week, long anticipated.

• Have you seen the Jason Jesse flick? I heard it was good, too.

http://jasonjesseemovie.com/

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Do you just want a burn now and the real thing for Christmas or the real thing now? Anyway - I can get you one.

• I just want to watch it now..and then of course own the real thing after xmas(hopefully there is some good extra footage,etc on there).

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I respect Jason Jessee a lot more than Steve Rocco.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    It's a good documentary, but it's the extra footage in the bonus sections that makes it a definite purchase: Jason Lee, the Gonz and Danny Way killing the fountains under the Eiffel Tower, outtakes from the World skatepark days, Guy Mariano when he was tiny killing handrails... It's good stuff.

I was lucky enough to get two tickets to the Lakai premiere in London this Sunday. That's gonna be skate film of the year/decade, possibly. I need to see the new Habitat flick as well...

If anyone here was ever into the old World Industries scene, you might like this little article I wrote/designed for Deadstock magazine earlier this year...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Who skates for Lakai now? Is this a Spike Jonze Related feature?

b/w How was the Nike video?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Have you seen the Jason Jesse flick? I heard it was good, too.

http://jasonjesseemovie.com/

Salman agah in the beginning?!?!?!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Do you just want a burn now and the real thing for Christmas or the real thing now? Anyway - I can get you one.

what up bassie

• Who skates for Lakai now? Is this a Spike Jonze Related feature?

b/w How was the Nike video?

tons of amazing skaters are on the Lakai team.

Mike Carroll and Rick Howard, of course, Guy Mariano, Eric Koston,
    Marc Johnson, Cairo Foster, Anthony Pappalardo, Jeff Lenoce,
    Alex Olson, Lucas Puig...it should be stellar.

The Nike video has some rad skating but had way too many dumb skits.
    That kid Omar Salazar is super fun to watch.

Tons of good vids out in the next couple months, though.
    Looking forward to Static III and especially the new Habitat vid.

• Hmmm..im gonna have to check out the Lakai joint..sounds like good stuff.

I heard the exact same thing about the Nike dvd..great skating, but a lot of stupid skits.

(it doesnt sound right talking about a skate video with the word "Nike" associated with it)

(I think the last video I watched was the Yeah Right dvd..so I am due for something new. Disconnected for real!)

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

The Nike video has some rad skating but had way too many dumb skits.

Hell yeah. I went to the premiere thing for that, and it was waaaaay too long.
    I got a copy of the dvd to review the other day and if you watch the whole thing skipping the skits, it's much better. Stefan Janoski, Danny Supa and Lewis Marnell had great sections... and even though he only has five or six tricks, Gino Iannucci was probably the highlight for me.

I heard that Marc Johnson turned in 21 minutes of footage for his part in 'Fully Flared'. God knows how they're gonna edit that down: he's incredible. This should be Mariano's comeback section, if early indications are correct.

• The Nike video has some rad skating but had way too many dumb skits.

Hell yeah. I went to the premiere thing for that, and it was waaaaay too long.
    I got a copy of the dvd to review the other day and if you watch the whole thing skipping the skits, it's much better. Stefan Janoski, Danny Supa and Lewis Marnell had great sections... and even though he only has five or six tricks, Gino Iannucci was probably the highlight for me.

I heard that Marc Johnson turned in 21 minutes of footage for his part in 'Fully Flared'. God knows how they're gonna edit that down: he's incredible. This should be Mariano's comeback section, if early indications are correct.

Any Gino footage is always welcome.
    I really hope dude can get over whatever drug/alcohol problems
    he's supposed to have before he gets too old.
    I will always remember dude's old 101 parts are my favorite shit.
    HAve you seen any of Inhabitants?
    I haven't, but those who have say that Janoski's part in it kills the one in the Nike vid.

yep, MJ has apparently been working like a madman.
    I'm guessing he'll get the ender, even with Koston and Mariano in the mix.
    and yes, Guy's been getting a bunch of great photos-
    hopefully his part won't be all tricks that have been in the mags already.

I'm really looking forward to Cairo's and Alex Olson's part.
    Cairo is just gnar, and Olson has the best style of any under 25 dude right now.
    The Euro squad is sick, too. Puig and then Danny Brady-
    see the Blueprint video? Brady is a helluva pasty skatin' Englishman.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

yep, MJ has apparently been working like a madman.
    I'm guessing he'll get the ender, even with Koston and Mariano in the mix.
    and yes, Guy's been getting a bunch of great photos-
    hopefully his part won't be all tricks that have been in the mags already.

Yeah, MJ is the dunk. Dude could go to sleep in the midst of a back noseblunt. Does anyone know what Ronnie Creager has been up to?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Does anyone know what Ronnie Creager has been up to?

He just won $10,000 in the Red Bull Manny Mania contest...
    Creager is probably up there with Daewon for the smooth technical skills.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Does anyone know what Ronnie Creager has been up to?

He just won $10,000 in the Red Bull Manny Mania contest...
    Creager is probably up there with Daewon for the smooth technical skills.

Thanks for that vid. I totally forgot about SAD. Who was the dude that did the t-flip manny on that higher ledge?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Who was the dude that did the t-flip manny on that higher ledge?

Dennis Busenitz. That nollie-flip manual up the big block was amazing in that video clip!

• Busenitz is one of my two favorite skaters to watch right now. All terrain killer.

Y'all seen much of Bobby Worrest's footage from this year? SOTY, imo.