The Wire Season 5

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central

I'm torn between not being able to wait, and the thought of how unsatisfying most TV is going to seem once it's finally finished.

Comments

• I just saw this. I started rewatching from season one and I'm in season two now. Still picking up minor details I missed on the first and second go round. Can't wait!

• I just saw this. I started rewatching from season one and I'm in season two now. Still picking up minor details I missed on the first and second go round. Can't wait!

I should probably do this before the new season kicks off. When is the new one starting?

did the same thing, just finishing season 4.... CAN*T WAIT TO THE FIFTH DEGREE

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I just saw this. I started rewatching from season one and I'm in season two now. Still picking up minor details I missed on the first and second go round. Can't wait!

I should probably do this before the new season kicks off. When is the new one starting?

Jan '08 in the US, hopefully soon after in the UK. FX, the channel that shows it over here, is re-running the whole thing from the beginning. We're currently about a third of the way through Season 2, so by the time they catch up, it'll be about April.

• I'm a later comer to the series...didn't catch onto it right away...

but, have since seen every episode....super hyped about new season...

• the thought of how unsatisfying most TV is going to seem once it's finally finished.

^^^^ so real. ^^^^

in a lot of ways the Wire has totally ruined TV for me. forever.

• i am a super late comer. currently on season 2 and i think one more disc left... great show, not as adictive as the sopranos for me, but still watching each ep 3 or 4 times before netflix gets em back! don't tell me, but i'm hoping stringer gets whats coming to him and that ziggy dude stops being such a dweeb.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    i am a super late comer. currently on season 2 and i think one more disc left... great show, not as adictive as the sopranos for me, but still watching each ep 3 or 4 times before netflix gets em back! don't tell me, but i'm hoping stringer gets whats coming to him and that ziggy dude stops being such a dweeb.

Someone should seriously spoil it for this dude.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I'm torn between not being able to wait, and the thought of how unsatisfying most TV is going to seem once it's finally finished.

Fortunately, the show is so re-watchable that even when it's finished, it ain't finished. Each time a new season premieres, I prepare by watching all the previous episodes. Currently, I'm two episodes into season 3 using on-demand.

Oh, and djkingotto you might want to stay out of the season 5 thread until you've caught up. You're in for some great surprises I don't want to spoil.

Anybody read Felicia "Snoop" Pearson's book yet? There's a blurb in the WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/14/AR2007111402741_2.html

When she was profiled in The Post last spring, Felicia "Snoop" Pearson -- the rivetingly androgynous Baltimore actress who plays a drug-gang assassin on HBO's "The Wire" -- declined to talk about the 1995 murder that sent her to Jessup for five years. "I'm saving that for my book," she told our colleague Teresa Wiltz.

Damned if she didn't actually write it. While signing copies of "Grace After Midnight" at the downtown Barnes & Noble on Tuesday, Pearson, 27, finally talked. "That was the worst day of my life," she told about 30 fans in her distinctive rasp. The shooting of 15-year-old Kia Toomer? Self-defense: Toomer, she claims, was wielding a bat in a street fight. "She probably would have knocked my eyes back crossed," Pearson added. (Pearson, born cross-eyed, was 14 at the time of the murder.)

But don't go confusing Pearson with the same-name character she plays on TV: "Snoop the character is coldhearted. I have a heart." Prison classes left her ill-prepared for the 9-to-5 world ("If anybody in this room was incarcerated, you know what I'm talking about"); getting discovered by a "Wire" co-star in a nightclub helped turn her life around.

Pearson wore jeans, white sneaks, an oversize maroon polo buttoned to the top, a diamond ring and diamond watch. Will Snoop be in Season 5? "Yes, ma'am, in full effect."

• Will Snoop be in Season 5? "Yes, ma'am, in full effect."

hahaha.

• word to No Heart Anthony & Snot Boogie...lol.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Really want to read that.
    Anyone seen her on anything else yet? I've seen all kinds of Wire folks - Bubbles, Carter, Kima, Wee-Bay, Daniels, Randy, Omar, Nick and Frank Sobotka - on other programs. I hope she keeps acting too.

• Oh, and djkingotto you might want to stay out of the season 5 thread until you've caught up. You're in for some great surprises I don't want to spoil.

i fear to watch, yet i cannot look away!

thanks for the tip!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    HUGE pants tent

HUGE pants tent

• !!!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It'd be lovely to see Marlo fall.

• It'd be lovely to see Marlo fall.

^^^ CAN'T STAND TO SEE A BROTHER MAKE IT ^^^

• It'd be lovely to see Marlo fall. a Snitch get his due

• It'll be lovely to see Marlo fall.

• gotta dig in to the old episodes soon too.reup reup

omar's blowing shit up??? i figured he should take a biiiiiiig powder from the game and go chill on a island

and mcnulty is up to something big? some go for broke shit? any guesses?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It'd be lovely to see Marlo fall.

^^^ CAN'T STAND TO SEE A BROTHER MAKE IT ^^^

Sheeyit, tell that David Simon!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

word to No Heart Anthony & Snot Boogie...lol.

Good to see McNulty back in his detective duds!

• -