DEATH METAL

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Isn't Death Metal racist??

I think there are some racist black metal groups in Europe like in Austria, but I don't think you can call death metal "racist."

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    more stuff on the crazy crozier dude

http://www.dunkworld.com/Crozier_2.htm

follow the links at the bottom of the page for more music dl action

wow!!!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

We're talking about Black Metal, not Death Metal, which may seem the same to outsiders, but is as different as say, Crunk and Backpack rap. Not all Black Metal is racist, and some bands actually say true black metal can't be racist (because people who are truly down with the idea are above concepts like race and nationalism), but there are plenty of odinist/neo-nazi black metal bands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSBM

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The only band I like on this level is Slayer. The rest is just on some bullshit. If there is a Satan and he exists he sure wouldn't be seen with the idiots that make up 99% of this genre.

• The only band I like on this level is Slayer. The rest is just on some bullshit. If there is a Satan and he exists he sure wouldn't be seen with the idiots that make up 99% of this genre.

like Slayer?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    The only band I like on this level is Slayer. The rest is just on some bullshit. If there is a Satan and he exists he sure wouldn't be seen with the idiots that make up 99% of this genre.

Most of these bands actually do not believe in Satan but many practice Satanism as a sort of self-actualization philosophy that essentially posits that you can become your own God on earth (or something along these lines).

You still may find that idiotic and/or morally repugnant yet at the very least in many cases there's more depth to their thinking than might be apparent at surface level... and from the beginning of the movement most of the seminal Norwegian bands distanced themselves from the concept of Satan as a literal entity.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

not as much scary as it is unlistenable.

• The only band I like on this level is Slayer. The rest is just on some bullshit. If there is a Satan and he exists he sure wouldn't be seen with the idiots that make up 99% of this genre.

Yeah, well what about this guy?

I'm pretty sure my boss is satan.

• it's not easy being grimm...

• Rockaldelic, please post more of that dude if you get a chance. I'd like to hear that album.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

If you're gonna like just one group, Slayer is a fine choice, but singling them out as not bullshit and everything else as bullshit suggests a lack of exposure to both the genre and the entirety of Slayer's catalog.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    I also wonder about what kind of deal these satanists struck with old Nick himself. I mean, if *I* was in the market for cashing my eternal soul in, I would want to be sunning myself on some tropical isle with an endless supply of hotties, beer and pizza.

I would be mighty pissed if all I got back was a forest ranger's job, free facepaint, some pencil armbands and a singing voice like the cookie monster. (I liked that one!)

No wonder dhouds look sad.

BTW I am NOT in the market for cashing my soul in, in case the devil is lurking here.

• pppppppp 261 Posts

haha, what? General statement of the year. What are you talking about?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

If you're gonna like just one group, Slayer is a fine choice, but singling them out as not bullshit and everything else as bullshit suggests a lack of exposure to both the genre and the entirety of Slayer's catalog.

I guess I just consider most of the other bands as too theatrical (not that Slayer haven't had their moments).

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Time to rep the most Satanic band you know about.

You want Satanic......

This is the most Satanic LP I've ever heard.

Krozier??? was Geoff Crozier, demented psychedelic magician/performance artist from Seymour in Victoria, Australia; ???the Generator??? refers to his musical accompaniment at this stage in his life, the group Rainbow Generator, who had previously released obscure albums of their own. . He was both a stage magician/illusionist and a ritual magician/shaman, using multi-media performance and improvisation as the method and propulsion for his own anarchic vision of unhinged exploration, with each gig or recording session being a spontaneous ceremonial ritual to see how far out he could take it all and still be there once it was over.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1462

I dare you to listen to this double LP stoned and with the lights out after midnight.

Screw all that cartoonish Death Metal!!

I listened to this album on my trip to the grocery store today. It wasn't lights out at midnight, but I have to say it was the most surreal feeling grocery trip I've ever had. It gave me weird feelings about the other shoppers. It also got me excited about giving out candy at Halloween next year and playing this on some speakers outside.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    MP3s? Links?
    I wanna hear this now.

• I was able to download it from the blog link on the second(?) page, despite comments to the contrary.

edit - http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/05/krozier-generator-tranceformer-2xlp.html

• it's not easy being grimm...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    alot of Black Metal doods are tied into the whole pagan / pre xian movement... not so much satanism as a return to more ancient traditions.

one of my fave records of the last year is Wolves In The Throne Room's Diadium of the 12 Stars. These doods are on some serious commune livin back to the land earth majik craziness...

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts

The 10 most ridiculous Black Metal videos of all time, I can't tell the fakes from the real.....the last one looks like it was ripped from MTV, I can't belive they play this shit on TV

one of my fave records of the last year is Wolves In The Throne Room's Diadium of the 12 Stars. These doods are on some serious commune livin back to the land earth majik craziness...

Southern Lord in general is

Striborg, Om, Wolves in the Throne Room, Boris, Earth... damn.

Striborg, Om, Wolves in the Throne Room, Boris, Earth... damn.

werd

dont sleep on Orthodox too...

dont sleep on Orthodox too...

Haven't heard their stuff, what's it like?

"Orthodox is a power trio whose sonic larder is filled to the brim with such cold storage 90s basics as The Melvins, Sleep, Trouble, Earth, Sunn0))), Thrones, plus theyve added to the mix an inevitable ur-trudge of early Sabbath, DANCE OF THE LEMMINGS-period Amon Duul 2 and Yankee Sabbalikes Bang (Future Shock), with unconscious nods to early Japrock deadbeats Speed Glue & Shinki (Red Doll), Joey Smiths Philipino walking dead Juan De La Cruz (Wanna Take You Home) and Flower Travellin Bands evenmorestrungoutthantheoriginal versh of Black Sabbath or (again) Flowers own Hiroshima." Julian Cope.

Gran Poder is their debut recording. The result is a lethargic music with obsesive repetitions, minimalism, feedback, distortion and endless drones creating a primitive trance inducing atmosphere. ???Gran Poder??? was originally released in Europe only by Spanish label: Alone Records.
    This North American Southern Lord issue features one exclusive bonus track (a cover of Venoms??? classic: Genocide) not available on the original issue.

http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxband

Cool, I'll check for their stuff.

Have you ever ordered vinyl direct from Southern Lord? They do such a good job w/ their vinyl releases, but stores around here seem to have a hard time carrying em on vinyl. I just placed a largish order w/ them the other day and I'm worried it's going to show up with a note saying most of the LPs I ordered are OOP (given the limited quantities they tend to press).

i have a dood here in town who runs a small noise / punk distro.. i have him pull the wax in direct fer me.

that or Aquarius

• I'm gonna need some pictures or a video here.

This is all I could find and it by no means represents what this guy was all about.

His LP is the only music my wife has ever told me I can't play in our house.

I think you can download the LP from a few sites.

for a second there I thought he turned into the Burger King king. it was weird.

• my fave black metal from this century:

• pknypkny 549 Posts

but ya cant fuck with the OG dudes:

Hell yeah. Not only were Celtic Frost one of the greats in the 80s, the album they put out last year shits all over what those King Diamond wannabes try to pass off as heavy: