Chameleon Appreciation

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody else really feeling this song. I love the way it starts that whole shit is so nice. Then the drums come in nicely. Ahhh classic. Anybody.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Classic of course. It's like a lot fo classics. Overlooked cuz it's been played so much. Herbie did a lot of cool stuff in the 90's that was overlooked as well. Sound of the Drum is killer. Even that Return of the Headhunders wasn't bad, but I think Herbie was just a guest on that one. I don't think he played on every track.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The Louis Bellson Explosion version is great too. There's also another one from this West Virginia junior high band where the drummer just kills it 3/4 of the way through after a little call and response with the conductor. Someone here has that on vinyl, if I remember correctly. I only have a CD-R of it somewhere around here...

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    The Louis Bellson Explosion version is great too. There's also another one from this West Virginia junior high band where the drummer just kills it 3/4 of the way through after a little call and response with the conductor. Someone here has that on vinyl, if I remember correctly. I only have a CD-R of it somewhere around here...

Post a clip...PLEASE.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Frank Cunimondos version has to be one of the best ive heard

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Frank Cunimondos version has to be one of the best ive heard

Dude you are on Cunimondo's dick.

sayin, have you heard it?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Anybody else really feeling this song. I love the way it starts that whole shit is so nice. Then the drums come in nicely. Ahhh classic. Anybody.
    Love it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Are you talking about the one with the yellow cover?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I even like songs that bite "chameleon"..Ricardo Marrero "babalonia" anyone?...that style Herbie and the Headhunters invented is cool as a mug.

yessir

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Just messin' bro. What about THOSE GOOD INTENTIONS?

yeah the Chameleon on there is pretty dope, but the real jump on that album is "we know how to boogie"

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yessir

I prefer Sagittarius and Slalom to the Chameleon version (on that record), Herbie's version are sooo much doper!!!!!!!

Anybody on here ever heard the String Beat version?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Yeah, the String Beat has a pretty good version, but I think the best is the Eddie Jeferson cover with the super bizarre lyrics about martians raping and shit.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    yeah the Chameleon on there is pretty dope, but the real jump on that album is "we know how to boogie"

Anybody wants to trade for this album, let me know.

I'm talking about the Good Intentions LP, by the way.

You have this for trade?...if so hit me on PM!

Yeah, the String Beat has a pretty good version, but I think the best is the Eddie Jeferson cover with the super bizarre lyrics about martians raping and shit.
    dude that Eddie Jefferson is too wacky too take seriously. i have one for trade

and just to add to the cover versions, there's a pretty dope Chameleon cut by Csik Gusztav (former Roundhouse keyboard man) on Pepita

You have this for trade?...if so hit me on PM!

OK, sorry I thought you meant String Beat