DEATH METAL

puchitopuchito 374 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Alright, it's Sat. night. Time to rep the most Satanic band you know about.I'll Start. And I thought Motley Crue Shout At The Devil Was ScaryThese guys don't fuck around. If you are going to go the heavy metal satan route then youdefinitely need some naked crucified teens on stage. Satan loves METAL!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It's ALL about Nowegian black metal.

• Alright, it's Sat. night. Time to rep the most Satanic band you know about.

I'll Start.

And I thought Motley Crue Shout At The Devil Was Scary

These guys don't fuck around.

If you are going to go the heavy metal satan route then you
    definitely need some naked crucified teens on stage.

Satan loves METAL!

I give them a 10 for theatrics.

It's almost like satan is back stage.

• I saw some thing on vice.tv about that shit. That dude ghaal was nuts... he had em hike like 15 miles into the mountains to show em his favorite scenic overlook. He tortured some dude for 6 hours or some crazy shit while draining his blood into a cup.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Gorgoroth are tough as nails man.
    But really it doesn't get any better than MAYHEM. because I have to go out now, I will just be quick and cheap, and copy the bio from allmusic.com:

"Formed around 1985 by Necrobutcher and guitarist Euronymous (born Oystein Aarseth), Mayhem was the first death metal band from Norway to make much of an impact in their homeland, which in the early '90s developed a burgeoning underground scene rife with violent, sometimes anti-Christian activity -- as evidenced by Mayhem's non-musical history. Drummer Hellhammer, who at one time worked in a mental hospital, is the only remaining member of the band's prime-period lineup. Lead vocalist Dead committed suicide in 1991 (two years after joining the band) by shooting himself in the head; Hellhammer made a necklace using some of his skull fragments, and Euronymous reportedly cooked and ate pieces of Dead's brain. Euronymous, in turn, was stabbed to death while in his underwear on August 10, 1993, by the band's bass player, Count Grishnackh (born Christian Vikernes). Grishnackh's alleged motive was jealousy over the fact that Euronymous had a more evil reputation; he inflicted 23 separate wounds, it was also rumored, so as to outdo rival band Emperor's drummer, Faust, who was convicted in the stabbing death of a homosexual acquaintance. When police arrested Grishnackh, they found over 150 kg of stolen dynamite in his house, complete with a plan to blow up a large church on a religious holiday. Grishnackh went on to pursue his electronic-influenced project Burzum while in prison; meanwhile, Euronymous' parents requested that his bass tracks be erased from Mayhem's 1994 album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, (which featured session vocalist Attila Csihar). Still, thanks to growing worldwide interest in Norwegian death metal, Mayhem product has continued to appear on the shelves into the next century. Hellhammer also put together a new Mayhem lineup, which has toured sporadically. During one such tour in 2003, a concert-goer in Norway received a fractured skull as a sheep head flew from the stage while band member Blasphemer was cutting the head away from the torso."

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Mayhem from Norway are the illest band evar. They burned down churches and killed each other and committed suicide. One or two of them are in prison for life.
    I just started reading this book and it is crazy. Folls need to read this.......

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Chaos-Bloody...94742161&sr=1-1

• Watain aren't death metal, but they're pretty trve. They bury the clothes they play live in so they smell like decay, and I heard they threw animal blood on the audience on their recent US tour (although unfortunately I wasn't there in person to witness it).

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yikes!
    some disturbing shit goin down in this thread.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

RULE #1: If you don't rock "Sad mouth" makeup, don't even think about it.

• RULE #1: If you don't rock "Sad mouth" makeup, don't even think about it.

I like this.

It's like a sort of casual weekend hiker look.

If I was going hiking I would definitely rock this look.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

RULE #1: If you don't rock "Sad mouth" makeup, don't even think about it.

That dude dresses like level 5 Dark Elf ranger/thief combo from Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

• Yea and it seems if you play norweigan black metal you have to shoot your music video in the woods. haha... thats also a big must.

• During one such tour in 2003, a concert-goer in Norway received a fractured skull as a sheep head flew from the stage while band member Blasphemer was cutting the head away from the torso."

I was beamed in the head by a sheep head at a Kayne West concert once.
    NOT COOL!

• This thread just needs to be comandeered and turned into "Corpsepaint Funnies." There are so many hilarious "paint over facial hair" pictures just waiting to be posted.

And yeah, I believe Watain are generally regarded as a black metal band. But the melodic death metal band that they've taken a lot of cues from-- and toursed with, if I'm not mistaken-- Dissection also has a pretty sordid history. The singer, who recently killed himself in what looked to be a ritual suicide was a dipshit who was locked for killing a Gay man who hit on him . . . Not the first black metal cat to do so either. Of course, in Scandinavian countries, you stab someone in the head or shoot them and you're sentenced to a nickel at the juice bar, where you spend most of your waking hours in a tracksuit lounging around your Ikea furnished jailcell . . .or making "metal" records on a Casio SK1.

• lets make sure we dont confuse death metal and black metal....death metal is ugly dudes in either sweatpants or shorts with cookie monster vocals in their shitty songs (real metal bands dont wear shorts or sweatpants) and black metal is crazy ass ugly dudes in makeup from scandinavia with good to decent songs....

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I remember Kerry King from Slayer describing the L.A. hair metal scene as something like "Van Halen turned up to 100, but in all the wrong directions". Most of these bands are like Slayer/Venom/Mercyful Fate turned up to 100 in all the wrong directions.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Time to rep the most Satanic band you know about.

You want Satanic......

This is the most Satanic LP I've ever heard.

Krozier??? was Geoff Crozier, demented psychedelic magician/performance artist from Seymour in Victoria, Australia; ???the Generator??? refers to his musical accompaniment at this stage in his life, the group Rainbow Generator, who had previously released obscure albums of their own. . He was both a stage magician/illusionist and a ritual magician/shaman, using multi-media performance and improvisation as the method and propulsion for his own anarchic vision of unhinged exploration, with each gig or recording session being a spontaneous ceremonial ritual to see how far out he could take it all and still be there once it was over.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1462

I dare you to listen to this double LP stoned and with the lights out after midnight.

Screw all that cartoonish Death Metal!!

• RULE #1: If you don't rock "Sad mouth" makeup, don't even think about it.

I like this.

It's like a sort of casual weekend hiker look.

If I was going hiking I would definitely rock this look.

Yeah, you can't take a walk in the woods these days without running into a damn black metal band..

• Holy Shit!
    Was that suppose to be serious?

Corpse paint and love handles is the look of SATAN!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    cookie monster vocals

haha

Dude has the deadly #2 Pencil Forearm Cuffs!!!

• Time to rep the most Satanic band you know about.

You want Satanic......

This is the most Satanic LP I've ever heard.

Krozier??? was Geoff Crozier, demented psychedelic magician/performance artist from Seymour in Victoria, Australia; ???the Generator??? refers to his musical accompaniment at this stage in his life, the group Rainbow Generator, who had previously released obscure albums of their own. . He was both a stage magician/illusionist and a ritual magician/shaman, using multi-media performance and improvisation as the method and propulsion for his own anarchic vision of unhinged exploration, with each gig or recording session being a spontaneous ceremonial ritual to see how far out he could take it all and still be there once it was over.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1462

I dare you to listen to this double LP stoned and with the lights out after midnight.

Screw all that cartoonish Death Metal!!

I'm gonna need some pictures or a video here.

This is all I could find and it by no means represents what this guy was all about.

His LP is the only music my wife has ever told me I can't play in our house.

I think you can download the LP from a few sites.

• I'm gonna need some pictures or a video here.

This is all I could find and it by no means represents what this guy was all about.

Where I can hear some of this guy.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That was pretty fuckin creepy.

Honestly, the LP is 100x creepier.

It is the most fucked up music I've ever heard...and I seek out fucked up music.

I got rid of my copy at my wife's request.

You may be able to download it here.....

http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/05/krozier-generator-tranceformer-2xlp.html

I know Tony Coulter has played at least one track on his WFMU radio show.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Honestly, the LP is 100x creepier.

It is the most fucked up music I've ever heard...and I seek out fucked up music.

I got rid of my copy at my wife's request.

You may be able to download it here.....

http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/05/krozier-generator-tranceformer-2xlp.html

I know Tony Coulter has played at least one track on his WFMU radio show.

I actually was just there and almost downloaded it, but I changed my mind. Something about the music and that video didn't sit well with me

I just might though. Now I'm curious to hear it.

*Damn the link doesn't work

I'll ask a friend who has the LP to burn it for me this week and I'll get it uploaded.....maybe at weirdrecordsthatsuck.com

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks. Is there more background about who this guy was? I was looking online but didn't find too much.

Thanks. Is there more background about who this guy was? I was looking online but didn't find too much.

There has been a rumour/urban legend around for years that he set himself on fire during a performance and died in 1981.

If this music doesn't make the hair on the back of your neck stand up you have no emotions.

I've been told by Catholic friends(and my wife) that it is ESPECIALLY creepy to them......at times it sounds like he is singing backwards and in tongues but it is all live and without any studio tricks.

If Satan was to make an LP...this is it.