45>LP Mix?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
This mix is seriously kicking my ass right now. Does anyone know who is/was responsible for this? I feel like it's one of you Detroit dudes? Maybe someone on this board?Holler

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This was my doing, J. I dropped it off at the shop like a year ago during one of my 'drop-in-to-say-hello-and-kill-a-six-pack' visits. It was something I pieced together that morning especially for the shop. The mix was burned in a press of 2...the other going to my friend (a lurker here) who met me there at GR.

13 of the 18 tracks were rips from my collection, 3 were mp3s of joints near the top of my want list (e.g. Track 1, the Darling Dears), 1 was from a mix that SoulHawk made, and 1 was actually taken from an LP (oops). Very happy to hear that you are enjoying it. Hopefully it's living up to its name.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Figures. Did it include that one track that you needle-dropped four times?

• Where's mine?

I owe you like 6 CDs dude. I'll get on that.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    got links? would love to check this out
    thanks

got links? would love to check this out
    thanks

There are a couple cuts on the mix that are slated for upcoming comps, so I'd rather not host a public link. But since I'm already planning on burning a copy for T*ny, I suppose I can burn a few extra. First 5 people to PM w/ an address will get copies. Lurkers must pass an additional series of tests to qualify. FYI, the mix is primarily (sweet) soul and funk with an emphasis on ballads.

Two more CDs still up for grabs. LP collectors don't be soft.

• Mostly Motown flava?

There's really only one or mayeb two at the most that you could consider Motown-esque. Tracklist by state:

New York
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Pennsylvania
    North Carolina
    Georgia
    Pennsylvania
    Michigan
    Pennsylvania
    Michigan
    Texas
    Michigan