Stereotypical Media (Madface)!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,There is this Optimum IO Cable commercial (NY/NJ areas) that I find so utterly demeaning to Hispanic culture. Now, I'm a non-Hispanic Black man, but being a minority, I get angry and also embarrassed evertime that commercial comes on. It's the one when people are dancing all over the beach, wearing all kinds of loud costumes, dancing, and showing shots of Mr. T like, overdone gold jewelry. I get this feeling too whenever Black commercials come because everyone has to dance or rap. Anyone else bothered by this trend in media? Please provide examples too.Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Those funny dancing hispanics are soooo entertaining!

• Catch that new Mazda "Zoom Zoom" gospel commercial yet???

• yes, we are a spicey bunch

ariba

• Are we talking about the same IO commericial thats "reggaeton" or "latin" themed. Wife and I can not stand this commercial. Her being of latin background as well. Im finding this to be the norm now with no matter what they are pushing on t.v.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yes, we are a spicey bunch

ariba

i cant stand these things..but they are presenting your culture

same thing for `african?? themes..we love thise drums and big smiling pearly whites

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Highly Recommended

• rayray 77 Posts
    I absolutely love that movie.

"How many syllables, Mario?!?"

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Are we talking about the same IO commericial thats "reggaeton" or "latin" themed. Wife and I can not stand this commercial. Her being of latin background as well. Im finding this to be the norm now with no matter what they are pushing on t.v.

Yep, that's the one. I hate it!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak