Joe Walsh Appreciation

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Great guitarist, producer and I love his voice.I always rode for these... I heard "Life's Been Good" on my way to the dollarbin the other day and decided to grab these: Hell, I'll even ride for him on this one:

Comments

• So What - Pavanne
    rocks.

• Life's Been Good always reminds me of Carneys because they always played that song on the merry-go-round-swing ride at the county fair.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rocky Mountain Way...couldn't get much higher.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I love the guitar work in the James Gang's version of STOP.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yuck.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Love this record.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yuck.

^^^recovering AP nutrider.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    CARRY ON YOU WHITESNAKE LOVERS.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

All of the Henley-fros and cocaine in the world can't cant make up for the overwhelming amount of evil visited upon this world by each and everyone one of the Eagles. But this isnt a referendum on the Eagles....so I digress.

Joe Walsh I dont hate.
    He is the least evil of all the Eagles.
    I will ride for Funk 49 (or whatever its called). Classic Rock Staple goodness.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    CARRY ON YOU WHITESNAKE LOVERS.

"Such a fine line between the Stooges and hair metal."

• my buddies band always does a set of covers when they play their halloween shows or other special shows. The covers are of the "OMFG, I cant believe they are playing that" variety(They have been described as Redneck Black metal). Thing is they play them note-for note perfectly, even though their amp's tone suggest more of a Iron Maiden/Sir Lord Baltimore version of the covers, nevertheless they play everything, expecailly the guitar solos note for note...this year among their set of covers was Hotel California..no shit. Funny, after their show (which ended with a three guitar, flawless, kick ass version of "Freebird") someone asked one of the members, "I didnt know you liked the Eagles" and the band member responded, "Oh, I dont, I cant Frickin' stand them"...was very funny after delivering a perfect rendition of their biggest hit.

• I ride for Walsh, espesh James Gang, Funk 48 and 49
    and also the solo 12" Confessor Edit

"In the eyes of the Confessor,
    There's no place you can hide."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think I'm the only person I know that
    doesn't hate the Eagles. Personally, I
    think they have some jams. "One of these Nights"
    is good, "New Kid In Town" rules, "Those Shoes"
    is the bomb, etc, etc ...