A Roller Skating Jam Named Saturday

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Yo, Who's got this 12"? I'm in dire need of a second mix off of this.. I was at a club and this joint came on, and at first I thought it was just the Mighty Ryders - Evil Vibration break, but then all of a sudden Vinia Mojica's "5 days of work, 1 whole day to play etc etc" came in. De La appeared nowhere on the track... just the dope Evil Vibration break and vocals backed w/ Vinia Mojica's "Saturdays" hook.Anyone know what I'm talking about? This quite possibly might not even be on the Roller Skating Jam Named Saturday 12", it could be some re-edit or something.I've tried looking EVERYWHERE to purchase this digitally but no store has it (iTunes, eMusic, Rhapshody etc etc). The only place thats got it is those dodgy russian mp3 .20 cents a track sites, which is not a good look. Could someone hook a kid up?

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    You probably heard the cover version by The Rebirth. It is on Rewind! Vol. 4 [Ubiquity Records, 2005] check it.

• mrdeemrdee 29 Posts
    and heres a dj q-bert remix from 94
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/472282684c9f78/

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i've got the 12" but not sure if that's on there...i'll definitely check when i get home (5 whole days to work) and up it for you if its the one you're looking for.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You probably heard the cover version by The Rebirth. It is on Rewind! Vol. 4 [Ubiquity Records, 2005] check it.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I've got it, but it's been a minute since I totally checked it out. I'll check it out tonight.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Few things (to me at least) are more unfuckwithable that "A Rolling Skating Jam Called 'Saturdays'"

• Good looking on all the replys...

And for those wanting to know what the Rebirth joint sounds like, peep this.

I think this was it... that joint is hella fire.

I promise I'm going to get all of you back today - I'm uploading some blaxploitation YouTube heat right this second... check for the link later..

• that rebirth joint is FIRE....here is a zip of all the versions on the OG CD single

a roller skating jam named saturdays u.s. mixes cd single.zip - 66.04MB

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    THAT, my friends, is one helluva cover version.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Funny, I was just checking out the myriad mixes on this single the other night, as I was BPMing my hip hop singles. I wasn't super-impressed with most, since they sound like bad house music. I'll run through them again though.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

yep, the Rebirt version is a killer at funk nights when i play it out. Someone usually asks me what it is when i drop it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I took Vinia to lunch back in the day.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I took Vinia to lunch back in the day.

Come down to Wburg this Saturday and play on player

• Options
    The only good version is the LP mix.

• here's one more from the import remix compilation that came out in like 92 or so

DivShare File - 12 A Roller Skating Jam Named _Saturdays_.mp3

(Disco Fever remix)

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

yep, the Rebirt version is a killer at funk nights when i play it out. Someone usually asks me what it is when i drop it.

Unstoppable. By the time that "five days to work" hook drops a coupla minutes in, people are losing it.

• That version is on the original De La 12". There's also a great mix with various native tongue related mcs calling in radio-show-style.

Ubiquity had to pull back the Rebirth 12". From I know, the cleared the song with the Mighty Ryders but it turned out that the studio owner where EV was recorded had the rights. The song is also not on the Rewind comp where it was supposed to appear.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Someone needs to up an mptree of that Rebirth track, i've not had much luck tracking it down web-wise...

• That version is on the original De La 12". There's also a great mix with various native tongue related mcs calling in radio-show-style.

Ubiquity had to pull back the Rebirth 12". From I know, the cleared the song with the Mighty Ryders but it turned out that the studio owner where EV was recorded had the rights. The song is also not on the Rewind comp where it was supposed to appear.

its on rewind 4

• Now usually I don't do this, but uhh..... go'head on and hit em wit the remix...

The Rebirth - Mighty Ryders >>
    http://download.yousendit.com/534979FD214752B5