Design Strut - Font Info Please

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I'm new to this computer design stuff but I'm having fun teaching myself. Anyway I was wondering how one goes about getting cheap or free fonts. I'm looking for old English right now but I'm just curious what the best sites or resources are. Sorry for the ridiculously noob question but I don't got a manual.

Comments

• theres a site called 1001freefonts.com they are kinda shady but as long as the font says freeware its downloadable.

The best way to get fonts, is so go to school, and find the computer labs with cs 2 or something, then go into the folders and look for library/ then fonts/ then take all the adobe open type joints you can. If you know some internet saavy homies, ask em to find you the adobe font folio. that shit is basically all the good fonts with all the full families (bold, italic, semi, roman... etc.) a good font thats legit has all that shit in the font family, a jank one only gives you one, but dont use the programs version of bolding or italics cause it doesnt come out clean, shits stretch and proportions are a problem or the thicks and thins are off and look boots, usually random letters will look like they are sticking out more than the others, and the converting the font to italic fucked with the dimensions and it looks jank.

also fools like sfaustina.com put out a few fonts for free off there own websites, pizzadude puts out some freeware too.
    I cant really think of a good old english recource, except to hand draw shit and scan them in.
    goodluck.

Kel
    Expresh.com

[color:#666666] [/color]

• soulseek

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• Happy Birthday Raj.

Thanks everybody.

Y'all come back now. Ya hear?

• soulseek

I've zero luck looking for fonts on Soul Seek.

What do you search under?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    download utorrent and search for torrents of fonts. i got tons and tons and tons of pay fonts this way.