john klemmer constant throb should i open it?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
sealed knobor does it throb like schwingus & tepid cti/kudu balding dentist driving in his bmw on sunday type rare briefcase howard roberts moves ?or do i flip it on the bay?

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Don't underestimate the power of CHILL DRAMA STABZ, YO.

Dunno really. I got it, but i just bought for 8 seconds on the last track if i remember correctly (loop that!). But I don't think it goes for loot anyway. Correct me if i am wrong...from what i remember, it is better than most of his other tepid terds...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    sealed
    knob
    or does it throb like schwingus & tepid cti/kudu balding dentist driving in his bmw on sunday type rare briefcase howard roberts moves ?
    or do i flip it on the bay?

Don't risk it son!

• I think it's worth listening to. open it.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    I think it's worth listening to. open it.

co-sine.. there are lots of crappy klemmer records, but some turn out be not that bad. and i doubt a sealed copy will bring you that much more money... it`s a 10$ record anyway.

got the same "problem" with a late azymuth record..
    if its ok, i would open it, but if its straight then i will sell it sealed to a local store for 15$. some info pleaaase..

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Burn it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    It's a good record if you like Klemmer. It's really not going to fetch much at all. Maybe $20 for a sealed copy if your really lucky. I've had a cold for a week so I can't even imagine listen to a record like this right now!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    who pays more than $1 for John Klemmer records? sealed or not..

• chasechase 767 Posts

I think I paid about 5 for "Blowing Gold".. not really a great record, I'm just trying to get all the whole Cadet Concept cat.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

theres that one Blowing Gold joint that the peoples love.

personally, I could do without the Klem

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Blowing Gold is the only one that I think I'd buy if I saw it around (never turns up for me). I had a few others but they were wack, I think I still have the something (Fresh??) Feathers one, it's just ok though really, maybe a couple of ok tracks from memory?

• i agree, there are a lot of corny klemmer albums, but his later cadet and early impulse have some heat. he's an original sounding tenor player too, some funky solos.

what about:

??

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i agree, there are a lot of corny klemmer albums, but his later cadet and early impulse have some heat. he's an original sounding tenor player too, some funky solos.

what about:

??

All three of those are decent records. Dude always went a little crazy with the echoplex but I like some of the tripped out numbers.

• Options
    its ok, i like his cornier new stuff.

Magnificent Madness, open that