Janelle Monae "Metropolis Suite I The Chase"

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
For those on here not familiar with her, she did some work on the last Outkast album, and on Big Boi's Purple Ribbon album. Her new ep is my shit right now. Her voice is incredible. Anyone else diggin' this??

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    She's great but this is the first I'm hearing about this album.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Looks intriguing.

--Rolls with Outkast
    --Metropolis inspired
    --Appears to be a robot
    --Dope title

• She's great but this is the first I'm hearing about this album.

Same here.

I loved that song "Lettin' Go" from (I think) the Purple Ribbon All-Stars joint. I wish it'd blown up.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Same here.

I loved that song "Lettin' Go" from (I think) the Purple Ribbon All-Stars joint. I wish it'd blown up.

I was playing that song at every gig for a while. That cover is kind of but I want to check this out.

• Yeah I like the song 'Sincerely, Jane'. Its sounds all grand and theatrical or something, plus the end reminds me of that Tomita version of Claire De Lune. Which is like the hottest shit ever.

• Yeah I like the song 'Sincerely, Jane'. Its sounds all grand and theatrical or something, plus the end reminds me of that Tomita version of Claire De Lune. Which is like the hottest shit ever.
    That's probably my favorite song on the ep, which while only 5 tracks, is her best work yet in my opinion.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "lettin go" is an incredible song, I was pushing it to everybody willing to listen.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah that song is the shit. the bass track she did on the purple ribbon comp was good too. i haven't checked this EP yet. someone link where i can purchase?

• http://www.janellemonae.com/store

The ep is just $5, and is highly recommended.

• She's great but this is the first I'm hearing about this album.

yup. You could find the Jonall Monae 12'''s choking up dollar bins, just a dope Frickin' record.

and that scar joint needs more shine[/b]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

yup. You could find the Jonall Monae 12'''s choking up dollar bins, just a dope Frickin' record.

and that scar joint needs more shine[/b]
    ha those were my favorite non-kryptonite tracks on that album

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Same here.

Heh... I didn't know that was her. I had only heard that song on that New Year's Eve mix by The Rub.

She's flipped it on some lady Andre 3000 for that EP. It's fresh though.