Options

Edan's record on Lewis

edited November 2007 in Strut Central
It seems to me that my copy of Beauty and the Beat is I will be playing other songs and Edan's record comes through me speakers sounding soft and flat. Whats the deal? Does anybody else have a copy that doesn't play as loud as their 45's or older vinyls?peace

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Does anybody else have a copy that doesn't play as loud as their 45's or older vinyl[/b] ?

peace

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Its because its not a double record set. His 1st album was 2 x lp & is louder. Beauty & The Beat is only one record, which is a funny thing in '07. For a long while, pretty much every rap album on wax has been pressed as a double lp.

• Quiet? Have you heard original pressings of LP's like Master Ace - Take Or Look Around, Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, Jungle Bros - Done By The Forces Of Nature, De La Soul - 3Ft High & Rising?

Unfortunately Volume 11 doesn't exist on my amp.

• Unfortunately Volume 11 doesn't exist on my amp.

upgrade?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    When does the volume go down on one side ? When you press more than 12 minutes ? Or is it 17 ?

• Options
    Its because its not a double record set. His 1st album was 2 x lp & is louder. Beauty & The Beat is only one record, which is a funny thing in '07. For a long while, pretty much every rap album on wax has been pressed as a double lp.

what?

Double LP's have deeper sound than a single LP?

I thought is was because the recording lab that manufactured the record is crap.!?

I'm just glad my Eyes of Blue LP doesn't sound like Edan's Lp.

• Quiet? Have you heard original pressings of LP's like Master Ace - Take Or Look Around, Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, Jungle Bros - Done By The Forces Of Nature, De La Soul - Stakes Is High (single vinyl OG)[/b]?

Unfortunately Volume 11 doesn't exist on my amp.

• Its because its not a double record set. His 1st album was 2 x lp & is louder. Beauty & The Beat is only one record, which is a funny thing in '07. For a long while, pretty much every rap album on wax has been pressed as a double lp.

what?

Double LP's have deeper sound than a single LP?

I thought is was because the recording lab that manufactured the record is crap.!?

I'm just glad my Eyes of Blue LP doesn't sound like Edan's Lp.

when you squeeze more than about 20 minutes of music on a side of an LP you have to quiet it down, or the needle can jump grooves - the wax cant take deep grooves so close together, and youll get flaws. so long as you have a good mastering lab, you can get 25+ minutes on a side, but you lose some loudness. going 2xLP means you can put less music on a side and keep it loud. i would have loved to do that when i pressed my LP but... $$$$$.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Listening to the single vinyl pressings of Beatnuts Street Level and De La Soul is Dead is so annoying. On a related note, a friend of mine displayed fearlessness when he played an album cut from Fear of a black planet (not the dj pressing, the regular one) in a club... Feedback for days.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    yeah those kind of album pressings are useless in a club environment

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Quiet? Have you heard original pressings of LP's like Master Ace - Take Or Look Around, Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, Jungle Bros - Done By The Forces Of Nature, De La Soul - 3Ft High & Rising?

Common - Resurrection, KMD - Mr. Hood. I find it impossible to play these records in sets because of the low volume. Don't have the same problems with the Edan record, though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Quiet? Have you heard original pressings of LP's like Master Ace - Take Or Look Around, Black Sheep - Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, Jungle Bros - Done By The Forces Of Nature, De La Soul - 3Ft High & Rising?

Common - Resurrection, KMD - Mr. Hood. I find it impossible to play these records in sets because of the low volume.

The two most -sounding albums I have in this regard are Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em and Sons of the P. You can barely even hear 'em.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I have a clean vinyl pressing of street level which is louder than the commercial pressing. The edits aren't even annoying. Worst pressing I've heard is the "Step In The Arena" lp. Yeah, I don't think you can play out a lot of album cuts because of crappy pressings. I guess they did Beauty & The Beat as a single lp because of budget stuff?

h

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I guess they did Beauty & The Beat as a single lp because of budget stuff?

h

Well, it's only about 35 minutes, so a 2xLP pressing might be overkill?