Good LA psych type record that you should know

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Sorry about the tiny picture. Artist is Francisco Lupeca, and the album is Cosmic Beam Experience. I happened upon this record at a random thrift ages ago. I was on a dollar bin mission, and definitely came up, both in terms of worth and musical quality.It goes for $100 to $150. I haven't heard the record in a few years, so take that as a disclaimer. However, the opener is huge synth destruction with a really well spaced chorus, and some nice drums. The record continues in the same fashion with some time spent meandering through darker abstract stuff (similar feel to Affenstunde, but the mix has more room in it). All in all I remember two Frickin' hardcore bangers on here, and the rest escapes me. Anyways, I don't usually have much RR to contribute, and it's something to check for. Pretty sure it was on some vanity press shit too.Dude's live show:

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I had a copy a few years ago and thought it was sorta lame. I remember it being fairly 80's sounding. Is it really selling for that much these days?

• this is a $20 to $30 record

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Gemm definitely doesn't have it listed to anywhere near $20-30.

• Gemm is definitely the best way to determine the price of a record.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Gemm price/4[/b] is definitely the best way to determine the price of a record.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Gemm is definitely the best way to determine the price of a record.

I don't really know much. Tried to contribute. Raers are not my specialty unless we're talking history of the Euro-American Avant Garde, or Hindustani jams. Both of which get a lot of play on here.

• its all good. but without offending anyone i personally would like to say that this is a terd that in california is about as common as bobby brown one man band ringburn. have a great day.

• Gemm is definitely the best way to determine the price of a record.

zing!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    huge synth destruction with a really well spaced chorus, meandering through darker abstract stuff

• Raers are not my specialty unless we're talking history of the Euro-American Avant Garde

Is that like Mike & the Mechanics?

• ah-ha

• I can just imagine my scottish friend calling me a "well spaced chorus" as some kind of daft insult

it's funny in most reviews i've read lately when talking about phrasing they call it 'spacing'

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    its all good. but without offending anyone i personally would like to say that this is a terd that in california is about as common as bobby brown one man band ringburn. have a great day.

SOULSTRUT IS BACK

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Raers are not my specialty unless we're talking history of the Euro-American Avant Garde

Is that like Mike & the Mechanics?

Depends on how weak your engine is. Potatoes in your tailpipe? In that case, yes, right up your alley most likely. Running alongside the Alan Parsons Dream Project soundtrack tha you sleep to.