School me on B'More dance music

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
OK. I know almost nothing about this music, scene, history etc. My boy Eli did give me a few tunes to listen to (Debonair Samir, Diamond K) which i'm getting more into. But otherwise I know nothing - and would like to hear more. So please, educate me.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I explained this once before so here it goes again... Get a sampler of your choice, get the Gaz sing sing break and the Lynn Collins "Think" break. Chop em or loop them up, Speed up the two breaks one at a time or together and add an 808 kick and a few claps. Add a bass line and then get a vocal snipnet like "She a bad ass bitch" or "She got a big old ass." Repeat the vocal line over and over. That is almost every Baltimore club record. Some of these are pretty cool even though many do sound the same. Titsworth does some dope remixes and shit.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Here are some Titsworth joints for ya Bombjack...........

Junkyard Band "Sardines" remix

The Jeffersons theme remix

Isaac Hayes/Geto Boys "Minds playin' tricks" remix

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Yeah I'd also love to know more about this genre.

If anyone could drop a mix in the this thread that would be dope too.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    When I think of Baltimore and dance I think of Spank Rock. I know nothing of the history.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    There was a history overview of Bmore club in Wax Poetics about 2 issues back... It wasn't that extensive, but it's a good starting point.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I explained this once before so here it goes again... Get a sampler of your choice, get the Gaz sing sing break and the Lynn Collins "Think" break. Chop em or loop them up, Speed up the two breaks one at a time or together and add an 808 kick and a few claps. Add a bass line and then get a vocal snipnet like "She a bad ass bitch" or "She got a big old ass." Repeat the vocal line over and over. That is almost every Baltimore club record. Some of these are pretty cool even though many do sound the same. Titsworth does some dope remixes and shit.

Bass line???

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    this is a sticky on the low-bee board:

bmore club

actually if you wanna know some history beyond what's on bmoreclubtracks.com, go over to low-bee and holler at scottie b.

here's a dancehall/bmore thing i did recently:

mavado - weh dem a do (trew bmore-ish remix)

and an aaliyah remix that kinda follows the format big chan layed down:

east coast feelas (aaliyah bmore thing)