PLEASE HELP ME prevent neighbor taking my CAT AWAY

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    If it's yours and you live in town, it should be inside or in a controlled environment outside (ie fenced in area).

You must not have ever had a cat if you think that a cat can be contained in a fenced backyard. Cats laugh at your fence. My cats use the fence around our yard as a launching pad to catch low flying birds midair.
    I have two cats and they are indoor/outdoor pets. I worry all the time that they will get into trouble outside (one of my cats climbed into an open comcast cable installers van once, he got to ride for a block before he was discovered) But they wear collars and we got them microchipped as suggested above. This sets my mind at ease somewhat. The microchip is cheap and easy (its just like giving them a shot).

If I had a cat that could not be contained where I lived, I would try and find the cat a better home where it was a better fit for the cat. That's just how I see it. Same would be true of a dog, or any number of other animals. Other people in my neighborhood shouldn't have to sweat running over my cat because I can't or won't keep it in the house. And for the record, I had a cat that I did have to relocate, so I do know that it sucks. But sometimes just because we want a pet does not mean we are that pet's best home.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    As a cat lover, i appreciate and applaud your saving and housing of the cats.
    It's also nice to hear you've changed your feeling of cat(s).

Get the cat a collar of some sort and maybe get it registered (?) or something like that. Make something official, you know? that might help. Or whatever microchip stuff people are mentioning.

neighbour sounds

as far as smells, cat spray is only thing that should be noticeable in any area.

my thoughts are skewed. not much advice here, but good luck.

• if its now YOUR cat get her neutered. that should help a little with her spraying but wont necessarily help with the smell. weve had tons of cats in our yard that pee and poop but ive never smelled any of them except when they spray.

keep your vet bills... thats a sure sign of pet ownership. especially since it seems like youve been taking care of her for a little while.

i agree with someone earlier who said to call the spca/vet and see what you should do. i dont think the police will care but if you have a police nonemergency number it cant hurt to call them and see if they have some advice too.

...or you can always just show up inside her bedroom in the middle of the night with a flashlight and a bat and start wilding out telling her that if you ever find your cat or dog hurt that she'll be the next one to feel pain.

Yeah, we had the cat neutered...with a few hundred more dollars worth of work done(hernia,etc).

• This bitch just doesnt like cats..she openly admitted that to us before we took this cat in. This cat does not spray or stink. She just doesnt like it. And I dont like her. Weird ass old hippie new age nosey bitch.

• If it's yours and you live in town, it should be inside or in a controlled environment outside (ie fenced in area).

You must not have ever had a cat if you think that a cat can be contained in a fenced backyard. Cats laugh at your fence. My cats use the fence around our yard as a launching pad to catch low flying birds midair.
    I have two cats and they are indoor/outdoor pets. I worry all the time that they will get into trouble outside (one of my cats climbed into an open comcast cable installers van once, he got to ride for a block before he was discovered) But they wear collars and we got them microchipped as suggested above. This sets my mind at ease somewhat. The microchip is cheap and easy (its just like giving them a shot).

If I had a cat that could not be contained where I lived, I would try and find the cat a better home where it was a better fit for the cat. That's just how I see it. Same would be true of a dog, or any number of other animals. Other people in my neighborhood shouldn't have to sweat running over my cat because I can't or won't keep it in the house. And for the record, I had a cat that I did have to relocate, so I do know that it sucks. But sometimes just because we want a pet does not mean we are that pet's best home.

I guess maybe it depends on where you live. My house is in a pretty suburban area. If I lived in a denser area (where people didn't all have lawns, and there were more streets) maybe I wouldn't be comfortable having a cat that hung out outside. But I probably wouldn't have a pet at all in that case. Animals that are cooped up all day get tweaky. My neighbours seem to like my cats. They are charming little bastards (just like me.) So I must respectfully disagree with your contention that by letting my cats out I am not providing them with a good home.

• hmmm...cat's can be tough, your dog probably will like her ok, I've got a 90= lb sheaperd mix and he's a ok w felines, just needs a proper introduction. as for the lady do what others have suggested, chip and collar, try and get her a litter box or sand box in your yard. She will use it believe me, I had a sand pile in the yard for months and cats from all arounf used it. If you build it they will come. Then your pet will stay on your side for its bz and she won' really have a complaint...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Get the cat a collar of some sort and maybe get it registered (?) or something like that. Make something official, you know? that might help. Or whatever microchip stuff people are mentioning.

Microchiping an animal = Love???

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

yeah now the government can track their every move and report to the lizard people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats crazy!

I'm with you harvey!

EDIT: I mean, uh, batmon.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

yeah now the government can track their every move and report to the lizard people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats crazy!

I'm with you harvey!

EDIT: I mean, uh, batmon.
    Hahaha! Batmon is scared of technology!