NRK- I got to dig the whole archive, listen

lasaruslasarus 23 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Two months ago the Norwegian Broadcasting Bureau called me up and gave me free hands to dig their whole archive, (were talking about thousands of 1/4" AGFA tapes filled with music from 1965-1985) and make some radio broadcasts (called NRK Sessions) filled with music from the tapes.I found amongst others tapes with:-Miles Davis Septett Live at Chateau Neuf in Oslo in 1971-Bill Evans Live At The Munch Museum in 1966-Jimmy Hopps Exchanges (the drummer in Webster Lewis Quintett) who stayed behind in Oslo and formed this quartet with Jan Garbarek, Calle Neumann and Arild Andersen-Karlheinz Stockhausen, John Cage, Iannis Xennakis playing live and being interviewed at the Henie Onstad Art Centre in Norway-Berndt Egerbladh playing The Beatmaker with Jan Garbartek, Arild Andersen and Jon Christensen while visiting Oslo in 1966-Terje Rypdal playing the amazing fusion track Bend it! in an amazing version with Inger Lise Rypdal on vocals.Pluss lot of unreleased material by Svein Finnerud, Keith Jarret, Terje Bj??rklund, Earl Wilson and Herbie Hancock I will come back here in this thread with a bunch of pictures from the original sessions in the 60s and 70s which were taken for NRK own program magazine which were distributed to Norwegian homesThis material will only be played once and then put in the archives again so listen here to a unknown part of Jazz history NRK SESSIONS RADIOSHOW ( I speak Norwegian, skip five minutes after the news and the show starts)

Comments

• Very cool! thanks for putting this together.

That link doesn't bring me to a page where there's any music tho... is it the right URL?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Well that's pretty badass.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Looks great, but the link seems broken?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Link not working for me neither. I'd love to hear this stuff. Thanks for posting this.

• There is a problem for people with MAC to use the player
    if the link dont work, because im a digital idiot go to the blog

http://oslonerdarmy.blogspot.com/

scroll down and find link in post called Direktelink til NRK Sessions

or go to adress http://www.nrk.no/programmer/sider/jazzklubben/

and see on your right side where it stands in red letters Nettradio

and press where it stands Jazzklubben 28.10.07 22.05

Good luck

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    There is a problem for people with MAC to use the player
    if the link dont work, because im a digital idiot go to the blog

http://oslonerdarmy.blogspot.com/

scroll down and find link in post called Direktelink til NRK Sessions

Good luck

It's the same link. And it doesn't work in Safari or Firefox (on a Mac, at least). Works so-so in Camino, seems to work OK in Opera. Listening now.

Godamnit, why can't national radio/TV stations get some decent developers for their websites? I get the same platform/browser problems when I use dr.dk (DR is our equivalent of NRK).