can you tell me the sample for Jay-Z "Fallin" plz?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
i'll wait for it

Comments

• Dramatics "fallin" might be the title. The snoop song with the replay was dope a couple years ago

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up Phill! I'll have to listen to that joint closely and try to figure out the sample. All I know is that there is some beef bout that track!!!!!!!! I read something where Ski Beatz said he had that joint chopped/looped up the same way and everything on a beat CD that was floating around for a while that a lot of industry types heard and he ended up doing a song called "Ballin'" with it. Then the Jay-Z joint comes out and Jermaine Dupri had used the same sample the same way and called it "Fallin'."

• I don't know son. The shit had already been used before and its the freakin Dramatics. Not exactly raer sample stealing material.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I don't know son. The shit had already been used before and its the freakin Dramatics. Not exactly raer sample stealing material.

LOL! Very true mayne. It was just funny reading Ski talking about it that way.

• Dramatics "fallin" might be the title. The snoop song with the replay was dope a couple years ago

"fell for you" to be precise...

on the snoop joint!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Dramatics "fallin" might be the title.

So easy to get these names confused, but it's actually The Dynamics on Black Gold (not sure why the De-Lite logo is on there).

OK, now what's the sample on "Say Hello"? I've heard those voices many times, but can't place 'em.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

OK, now what's the sample on "Say Hello"? I've heard those voices many times, but can't place 'em.

Tom Brock - The Love We Share Is the Greatest of Them All

Buckwild used it for the Playaz Circle album as well.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Where is the organ from "Success" from?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Where is the organ from "Success" from?

Larry Ellis & The Black Hammer - Funky Thing pt 1

larry ellis and black hammer - funky thing pt. 1.mp3 - 4.04MB

Was featured on the World's Rarest Funk 45s earlier this year. Stunning track.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Tom Brock - The Love We Share Is the Greatest of Them All

Thanks.

Damn, so much for being optimistic that the organ was actually played by the producer.

• By the way, the sample for Roc Boys was recorded last year, and you can even hear the original on a label myspace page... http://www.myspace.com/dunhamrecords