Paypal refunded my customer!

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
So... after a recent batch of ebay acutions, a dude files a claim saying he didn't get a record I sent him (this is the first time this has ever happened to me). Not an expensive record - $10 I think... and I respond saying it certainly was sent, but of course, there ain't no tracking number with postage of normal airmail $10 rekids!Today I get an email from paypal saying the following:"A refund has been initiated on your behalf. PayPal will pay the full amount of the refund and no funds will be taken from your account. Please allow up to five days for the refund to be processed and the case closed."I always hear of people losing money through paypal claims, but I've never heard of paypal forking out the money for the refund. What's the deal with this?

Comments

• subsub 311 Posts
    happened to me too. i guess they only charge your account if it happens too often..

• get used to it. why must i cry.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    It may happen to me! I have a customer that still hasn't received a record I sent out to france back on October 5th.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I call bullshit indeed. My customer was in the UK - unless the record not showing up has something to do with their postal strike? But I got a package from the UK this week so that can't be it.

• there are still big delays in the UK, your customer's record will probably turn up he needed to be patient. I have 3 UK internal packages still waiting to be delivered for weeks. London is a big problem, the large sorting offices are stacked up i'm told. be patient to and from the UK right now there's nothing we can do about it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yes, this happens.