B.Cause - Soul Boulders(WHOA!)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Damn, was MY ass sleeping on this joint. Lovin' this mixtape,man.I am about half way through and shit is sounding OH SO RIGHT!Thanks for the hookup, Mr. DJ B.CauseAlso B, check your PM, I sent you a message about my past order.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    countdown to Symphonic Four request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

• countdown to Symphonic Four request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

HAHAHA!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    countdown to Carol Jones with loud horns and no strings request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    This mix is so heavy, it literally bends space and time

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Shit... the Carol Jones and Symphonic Four are the easy ones to get from that mix... how about that Water Color track? Damn!

I love this mix... always in constant rotation in the car. Can we get a volume 2 please?!

countdown to Carol Jones with loud horns and no strings request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

so, does this mean if I find the 45 of "Don't Destroy Me" it will
    not[/b] be the version on "Soul Boulders??"

• uh, MATTHEW AFRICA anyone?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    uh, MATTHEW AFRICA anyone?

I seriously thought I knew a lot about music until I met Matthew.

• oh..mod def props to Mr Africa. I'm not up on homeboys catalog, to be honest..'cept that R.Kelly mixtape. Whats good with that bol?

• The folks at the Fader recently invited me to write an installment of their Vinyl Archeology column, a regular feature dedicated to unearthing and spotlighting neglected music. I wrote about Twee Funk???roughly speaking, 70s soul and funk releases that followed in the wake of the Jackson 5???s success.

In part, I chose this style because I love the way kids sing. There???s a sweetness, purity and exuberance in their voices that you really don't hear from grown folks. But I also chose Twee Funk as my subject because it gave me a reason to prepare a mix of a lot of great music I don???t otherwise get to play.

I really like Matthew Africa's Twee Funk mix which looks like it is still available for d/l on his site.

http://www.matthewafrica.com/clips.html

• where can I get/buy/hear this?

so, does this mean if I find the 45 of "Don't Destroy Me" it will
    not[/b] be the version on "Soul Boulders??"

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i LOVE the al wilson track on this mix. i still need a copy, anyone wanna part with one?

• oh..mod def props to Mr Africa. I'm not up on homeboys catalog, to be honest..'cept that R.Kelly mixtape. Whats good with that bol?

ha, yeah I know, just wanted to give the dude a shout, after all a lot of the more asked about tracks came from his library (approx. the first half of the mix)...

You can peep his Too Short mix w/ DJ Eleven for more goodness...

SOI: I have the C Jones on a green label, think there was stock copies around of it...got at the GM quite a while back. Can't remember where they came from...but that's the only version I know.

I thought the Al Wilson was a dollar rec. when I copped it...seems like it should be around, but I dunno.

• countdown to Carol Jones with loud horns and no strings request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

or just get to the 'bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Jones-on-Mutt-...1QQcmdZViewItem

"heavy drums and no strings"

This comes up pretty regularly

• countdown to Carol Jones with loud horns and no strings request in "wants" section in 24 ... 23 ... 22 ...

or just get to the 'bay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Jones-on-Mutt-...1QQcmdZViewItem

"heavy drums and no strings"

This comes up pretty regularly

This is the version I've got. Any shot anyone has a clip of the other one?

• You can peep his Too Short mix w/ DJ Eleven for more goodness...

I need this is my life. like right now playing before I bone my biiaaatch.