i support DV1 (BS related)

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
if any of you have heard of DV1, rock steady crew dj from seattle then you kow about his legal issues of late, those that don't, check out this bullshit.dv, who is a responsible citizen and works with community programs teaching kids the arts of hip hop, was arrested last year for assualting an officer. its been a while since i've relayed the story but here is what went down from what i recall:the homie goes to his daughter's school (an honor roll student btw) and picks her up from a from a football game. he sees some friends and tells andrea (i think) to wait at the car. he chats for a couple minutes and goes to his car to find that his daughter is being detained by the worthy seattle police. he approaches them announcing that he is the parent and wants to know what is going on. a lady pig stops him before he can get to andrea, who is being roughly handled, and tells him to stop, which he does. he explained futher that he was just with her minutes ago and wants to know what she did. dv is raising his voice due to the frustrating situation and the cop reaches for her firearm as dv raises his hands "saying woah" or whatever trying to convince her he's just asking questions. dv is a smart dude and is NOT going to strike a cop, especially when so many others are standing nearby. at any rate, lady swine then calls over the other officers who knock dv to the ground and beat him. he is arrested, the daughter is let go and he has court to deal with.so, being a seattle legend and a friend to all, the court room was filled with supporters. from what i understand by friends who were there, the police involved have a crappy record with the department and were under investigation even before all this! anyway, that was months ago and it never came to light what they were detaining his daughter for. he had his final hearing on tuesday for the assault charge and friends who were in the courtroom tell me that the cops looked like complete and utter clowns and everyone saw it clearly leaning in toby's favor. there was only proof that in no way did he assault this police or even disrespect her!!!! this is a great person and does not deserve any of this bullshit in the slightest. i was just told there wasn't a black face in the jury and the police, though in a crowded high school parking lot, didn't come up with a single witness.anyway, he just texted me this message. GUILTY.and i feel like throwing a brick at everything. i can't believe it. wackwackwackwackwack

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

anyway, he just texted me this message. GUILTY.

what. the. FUCK?!!?!?!?![/b]

• I've only heard about this through posts like this and through something Stef wrote, but this sucks. Hopefully he can get an appeal, but either way this is very weak.

• BULLSHIT. Wow this sucks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Fuck our legal system, and fuck that officer. Wow. What kind of unjust punishment is he facing for trying to protect his child?

• (courtesy of Banksy)

(ready,aim,fire! target HIT!)

(courtesy of Banksy, again)

Cops, hard at work(as always, right? suuuuuure..)

Fuck em all,PERIOD.

• And for the record, obviously, I dont condone filling a cop with lead or killing em or anything..

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Yeah, this is bullshit. I don't know anything more about this case than what I've read in the papers.

But as some background, the Seattle PD are well-known for being racist, and it's been that way for years. Once you leave King County, Washington state gets redneck pretty fast, and most of the SPD officers I've met come from those outlying rural areas.

The black population of Seattle is small enough that the political establishment can afford to turn a blind eye to police misbehaviour in all but the most egregious situations.

• When need the following posters to this thread:

whitebelt jones
    rockadelic
    sabbadabba
    mad drama teacher

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This is terrible news. I have know Toby for years and he is a great person that would do anything for his daughter. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    and the police, though in a crowded high school parking lot, didn't come up with a single witness.

Say what you want to about the witnesses, but they weren't snitches.

Seriously, though: I'd like more info about this case. Was there even physical evidence on the police?

And it's up to the defense team to locate their own witnesses.

Edit:
    Links and info here (P-I), here (The Stranger), here, and here. The Seattle Weekly trumps up his "record" in the subhead to sell the story.

According to the police's take in this P-I story, he smacked a cap off a female officer's tooth. Damn.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    yeah, charged with hitting the female police 5 times in the head! come on. this is an intelligent person and i don't know any intelligent people that would:

a - hit a female
    b - strike a cop no matter how much they deserve it
    c - strike a cop while a group of people watch on
    d - strike a cop with a group of police a few yards away

that's some wild shit.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    When need the following posters to this thread:

rockadelic

I???m not intimately familiar with the facts of this case and obviously reading the various reports reveal two sides to the story. I???m not in a position to say who???s lying and who???s telling the truth and I???m not going to assume either one.

What I do know is this, and YP I guess this is why you called for me to post on this thread???.

1) Cops are humans and like any group of humans there are good and bad ones. If a policeman breaks the law I want them prosecuted and punished just like anyone else. If they don???t perform their job by the letter of the law I???d want them fired.

2) Making statements like ???All Cops Suck??? or calling for the killing of policeman based on the actions of those who might be bad is either immature or ignorant, take your choice.

3) If a group of witnesses had information that would have cleared the dude that was arrested and didn???t come forward on some ???Stop Snitching??? front they are idiots who prevented justice from being served.

4) Some of the nicest, hard working and considerate people on earth commit crimes. One???s standing in the community or respect amongst peers should not prevent someone from being arrested and prosecuted if they indeed have committed a crime.

The concept that all cops are crooked and all criminals are innocent even after they are prosecuted and found guilty is not one I can get on board with. If you???re looking for someone to say that our Police and Judicial System are perfect I???m not your guy either.