Dynamic Corvettes

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
did they have an LP?i heard "Funky Music Is The Thing Parts 1 & 2" on "Rare Groove 2" with no fade out breaking up the parts, so i thought maybe...how are the 45s other than "Funky Music..."? funky?

Comments

• No LP. I've talked to a few of the group members, and apparently the masters are lost.

Dynamic Corvettes were from eastern Maryland and often played round Baltimore and DC.

You might want to download "Keep Off the Grass" (released on the Baltimore label "Ru-jac").....it's pretty killer. Plus the flip is siiiiick, it's entitled "It's a trap"
    The other 45 of theirs on ABET called "Key to My Happiness" is pretty solid as well.

Oh, and as for that cool instrument during the break on "Funky Music..", it's a trombone with effects on it.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Oh, and as for that cool instrument during the break on "Funky Music..", it's a trombone with effects on it.

haha, one time me and my mom were listening in the car, somehow she thought the instrument was a washboard?? i just assumed it was a synth, but it did sound a little too organic.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    No LP. I've talked to a few of the group members, and apparently the masters are lost.

Dynamic Corvettes were from eastern Maryland and often played round Baltimore and DC.

You might want to download "Keep Off the Grass" (released on the Baltimore label "Ru-jac").....it's pretty killer. Plus the flip is siiiiick, it's entitled "It's a trap"
    The other 45 of theirs on ABET called "Key to My Happiness" is pretty solid as well.

thanks, K***n.
    guess this should have been a PM

didn't see any of those other songs on the 'seek. would be interested even in hearing some lo-fi versions or snippets if anyone is holding

• No LP. I've talked to a few of the group members, and apparently the masters are lost.

thanks, K***n.
    guess this should have been a PM

didn't see any of those other songs on the 'seek. would be interested even in hearing some lo-fi versions or snippets if anyone is holding

I've got um on my PC, can get um to ya Mordie

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I've got um on my PC, can get um to ya Mordie
    cheers

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    No LP. I've talked to a few of the group members, and apparently the masters are lost.

thanks, K***n.

Indeed, I was wondering this as well. Surprising since Abet wasn't a 45 only label - when you say the masters are lost, does this imply that there were tracks that were destined for an LP?

Didn't know about the Ru-Jac stuff. Thanks.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I clicked on this thread before K***n posted and thought to myself, I bet K drops some knowledge. Then came back to my comp a while later and, sho nuff,

b/w

Mordie

Pause

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

It's dumb rare... It's a Trap is some killer psyched out funk for sure.

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

It's dumb rare... It's a Trap is some killer psyched out funk for sure.

you can listen to "keep off the grass" on the rehashmedia site ...

• Oh, and as for that cool instrument during the break on "Funky Music..", it's a trombone with effects on it.

Damn, that's insane...I never would have that that was a 'bone! That's a good useless fact to know!

link for dl? I have the 45...but, would love to get an mp3 of it...