MULATU - OG CHECK??? PLEASE

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
1. what does this go for these days? I just got a coverless one, but the record is mint, heavy, big ring, smells old... $402. what does the run out have in it, anyone that owns it... such a nice record!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    DUDE!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    w 1020-1
    w 1020-2

thats what mine says. Although I'm not looking too good with OG's today.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    mine says w 1020-2 RE on the b-side, but the vinyl is mouldy and REALLY thick with the big ass ring and old mould on the inner...

peace.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    RE

Never a good sign.

RE

Never a good sign.

Yeah, exactly, but I swear to god this is the OG... I'm like 90% sure. Cuz there's old mould and the re-issue I had from memory was just on standard US wax, not thick and that.

If anyone has the re-issue, maybe they could confirm what the vinyl looks like...

cheers again.

bevan

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    mine says w 1020-2 RE on the b-side, but the vinyl is mouldy and REALLY thick with the big ass ring and old mould on the inner...

peace.

W 1020 - A
    W 1020 - B

on the reissue

Sounds like you found an OG (in LA? I got your message btw holler) until somebody with one posts up the matrix #'s.

hmmm Day, how is the vinyl on the Mulatu re-issue u got?? Is it thick or standard?

b

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    standard

• Hey Bevan
    There is a regular scorpio reissue (reasonably thin) and a 180gm reissh.
    C

both the vinyl and the sleeve on mine are super thick. And unless they found a way to add that old record smell to the sleeve, mine is the original.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    old mould

• bouncy bouncy ladies!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Hey, Sheep,

I just took a look at mine, it's: w-1020-1 re, w-1020-2 re.

Mine's got the big ring label, much fading/black out fading on the edge of the label, thick cardboard, mold smell, paste on back.

Looking good, man!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    yep, "RE" in the run out groove for sure.

Mine's got the big ring label, much fading/black out fading on the edge of the label, thick cardboard, mold smell, paste on back.

same as mine, but no RE on the matrix. Doesn't have the A OR B either of the reissue. It has 1 and 2. Anybody know what pressing mine is?