THE GUESS WHO.

2»

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

You mean Brave Belt?

woops

yeah Brave Belt..has anyone heard that record?

• Parts of These Eyes are great,

I'vve got a mind bogglingly dope 12" of this. 1 side in dub reggae stylee the other in caribean disco funk throwdown mode.

killer

mpfree??....back in 86-87 as a middle skool youngin i would immerse myself in the 'oldies but goodies'...Otis Reddings 'Dock of the Bay' and 'These Eyes' were 2 of my personal faves

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    heheh no mp3

its a toronto record

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    One of my all-time favourite songs:

Fly at Night - Chilliwack

Four men in a rock 'n roll band
    Fly at night in the morning we land
    Fly at night 'til we're satisfied
    See the morning from the otherside

And when you close your eyes
    Sleep comes fast
    When you fly the universe
    Well, you need some rest
    Yeah, you need some rest

Ooh, we like the big wide spaces
    Yeah, we like a sea of faces
    Time is just a rubber band
    Time is at our command

And when we look out
    And see you there
    You seem much closer
    And you feel so near
    Yeah, you feel so near

Well we fly by night, it's like a rocket flight
    And baby that's just what it's for
    Yeah, we fly by night, it makes you feel alright
    It keeps you coming back for more

Well we fly by night, it's like a rocket flight
    And baby that's just what it's for
    We fly by night, it makes you feel alright
    It keeps you coming back for more

Four men in a rock 'n roll band
    Fly at night in the morning we land
    Fly at night 'til we're satisfied
    See the morning from the other side

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

You know what doesn't rule - their horrible and failed attempt at doing a The End-type song - it's embarrassingly bad.

"The End" is kind of embarassingly bad itself.

Ride the snake, ride the snake
    To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
    The snake is long: seven miles!
    Ride the snake... he's old, and his skin is cold

One of my favorite tunes. The Killer awoke at dawn. He put his boots on. Unfadeable.

You're entitled to indulge your poor taste, but the song is eminently fadable.

Tell me--does this one also shut the clurb down for you?

Still waiting to for visual evidence of Daniel's non-little dude status, plaese to post photographs of yourself outside your crib after 10pm much less in the 'clurb'.

This is what I imagine he rides for when sipping Cristal on white leather in white linen (or vice versa) in his private puffy-fab mind garden.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Can you please warn us next time?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have a 45 called 'Hey Ho What You Do To Me'/'Goodnight Goodnight' on Scepter that I play out at gigs, I used to have one by Chad Allen & The Expressions too that was good, but I haven't seen that in my box for ages & don't even remember what it was called

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You know what doesn't rule - their horrible and failed attempt at doing a The End-type song - it's embarrassingly bad.

One of my favorite tunes. The Killer awoke at dawn. He put his boots on. Unfadeable.

You're entitled to indulge your poor taste, but the song is eminently fadable.

Tell me--does this one also shut the clurb down for you?

Still waiting to for visual evidence of Daniel's non-little dude status, plaese to post photographs of yourself outside your crib after 10pm much less in the 'clurb'.

This is what I imagine he rides for when sipping Cristal on white leather in white linen (or vice versa) in his private puffy-fab mind garden.

My dad used to refer to that song as "Toad in the Road".

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Can you please warn us next time?

I can only say that if carries the Faux Rillz stamp of approval.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    All I'm going to contribute to this thread is my great and continuing frustration that Randy Bachman uses his CBC programme to showcase what is usually exceedingly tepid MOR, oldies, and his lame-o stories about BTO. Couldn't he do a Ben McPeek episode? Or maybe dig a little deeper into Canadiana? How many Beatles' covers and novelty song shows do we need?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    burton cummings lives in Hamilton right now I think, and my dad has been trying to get him to sell some of his guitars.

my dad is crazy...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

The Guess Who later came on a stunk the place up with a horrible psychedelic light show and bad mustaches.

Was Burton Cummings singing lead?

(While we're repping Guess Who, I may as well add that I kinda like "Stand Tall," Cummings' mid-seventies solo hit.)

It was Burton who was the most guilty of cheesy stachness. Burton kept telling stupid stories about playing in coffee houses. I did learn that Bachman is pronounced Back-man. So it wasn't a total loss.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

i like the doors (esp soft parade), but i LOVE the FB3 (terry, neville, and lynval from the specials)...
    this version made my summer magical... anybody ride for this twist???
    they burn a US flag at the end... never seen the guess who do that (see "american woman")...

• "Undun" is a good tune.