MILKSHAKES

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Prof's patented 'brain-freeze-and-then-some" recipie:Vanilla ice creamvodka or ginice (for texture)milkfor the chocolate lovers, substitute rum for vodka or gin, and chocolate ice cream for vanillablend until smooth, and enjoy!Mint chip also is a bomb alternative to this recipeAlso, who has the best one?I say Wendy's even though it's called a 'frosty'

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The best was the Ono Ono at KC Drive-Inn in Honolulu

r.i.p. to the Ono Ono

And r.i.p. to KC-Drive In..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    If you are in the NC area go to Cookout... their milkshakes are off the hook...

Here in LA... I haven't found one I am crazy impressed with. fatburger does an okay one along with in and Out... More of a fan of the jamba juices etc... now... though this thread, is making me want to go on a mission...

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I thought this was a BOBBY JIMMY THREAD!!!! OVERLAPING WASTE!!!! Hair or Weave,

NY RAPPERS....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Also, who has the best one?

I say Wendy's even though it's called a 'frosty'

I say any place that still serves milkshakes in "y"-shaped glasses, fifties-style. With a big metal cup on the side that contains the overrun. Not that it tastes any different than it would in a paper cup, it just LOOKS classier. Diners are good for this kind of thing (even overpriced "retro" joints like Johnny Rocket's).

Here in Chicago, I was once savoring a milkshake at a Howard Johnson's when the woman behind the counter started laughing (good-naturedly). When I asked what was so funny, she said that looking at me sipping this stuff from a straw (and the y-shaped glass), she said I "looked like the fifties."

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    though this thread, is making me want to go on a mission...

I'm sayin tho, it's hot and humid as f*** out here, and my girlie and I had root beer floats on Sunday watching family guy, so I've just been thinking about frosty delights lately...

Also, who has the best one?

I say Wendy's even though it's called a 'frosty'

I say any place that still serves milkshakes in "y"-shaped glasses, fifties-style. With a big metal cup on the side that contains the overrun.

Fenton's in Oakland - they even put a dab of real whipped cream in the cup before they pour it in so you get a little treat every other slurp.

ew, that sounds kind gross

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i dont fucks with the milkshakes cuz they give me the farts something fierce. and that aint bringing the girls to the yard.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Best Malt I ever had had comes from the Mad Greek in Baker California (pop. 52) Itis also the place where I ran into Vincent Gallo and got a PA job working on Brown Bunny

but I won't hold that against the shake

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Prof's patented 'brain-freeze-and-then-some" recipie:

Vanilla ice cream
    vodka or gin
    ice (for texture)
    milk

does this really taste good?

• Prof's patented 'brain-freeze-and-then-some" recipie:

Vanilla ice cream
    vodka or gin
    ice (for texture)
    milk

sounds like it curdles.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    When my fat ass wants to get a shake without feeling like a fat ass I go to a Taxi's they have this non-dairy low-fat whatever-the-fuck and it's bomb. fuck all the haters....

• I prefer malt shakes.

And to my midwestern friends....

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    All MY DELAWARE HEADS KNOW WHATS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I prefer malt shakes.

no doubt, steak'n'shake lime freezes are that crack.

except their drive-thru takes FOREVER.

• I'm a straight up chocolate man myself....

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't know where Cookout came from but they are all over the place now in NC... surely its not only here though?

Anyway, YES... they have like 20-30 different flavors (including several that probably didn't exist before), they have a double drive-through, and they're open til like 2am... and its only like two bucks...

I'm waiting for the Mad Vegan to roll in here throwing bows

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Fenton's in Oakland

Troof! That place is such the joint. I used to live within reasonable walking distance of that place, and man did I take advantage. And I definitely dug Cookout shakes (particularly the peanut butter cup one) when I was in NC.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

I don't know where Cookout came from but they are all over the place now in NC... surely its not only here though?

Anyway, YES... they have like 20-30 different flavors (including several that probably didn't exist before), they have a double drive-through, and they're open til like 2am... and its only like two bucks...

I'm waiting for the Mad Vegan to roll in here throwing bows

I ahve never seen Cookout outside of that neck of the woods, trust me I am all about that place and would most likely stop day or night if I saw one just to get the hush puppies and a shake... Their burgers and chicken sandwiches aren't bad either.

Prof's patented 'brain-freeze-and-then-some" recipie:

Vanilla ice cream
    vodka or gin
    ice (for texture)
    milk

they call it dookey man, cause it's the shit, can't you smell, son?

no, for real, it's really the shit, soo good. The idea hit me after a party many moons ago where they were serving those TGIFriday mixers blended with ice. They had the White or Black Russian one, I can't remember. Anyways, a few months later we had a Halloween party that no one showed up to and were left with a sh*t-ton of liquor, and I remember really liking the TGIF mixers, and decided to make my own from scratch. Waaaay better....and the ice keeps the milk from curldling.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Fenton's in Oakland

Troof! That place is such the joint. I used to live within reasonable walking distance of that place, and man did I take advantage. And I definitely dug Cookout shakes (particularly the peanut butter cup one) when I was in NC.

I just went there for the first time on Sunday. We got the black and white, pretty good.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I prefer malt shakes.

Love this place. Just wish they'd bring an S&S to the city instead of the suburbs, but hey, it's worth the (fairly) long trip...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I prefer malt shakes.

Vanilla malt thickashake please.