Jay-Z American Gangster mixtape

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
tooken from hiphopisreadhttp://rapidshare.com/files/64589533/Jay...pe_Reloaded.rarso far I'm loving this

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    has anyone listened to this yet? Anyone liking the new tracks? anything? anybody?

I thought y'all would be geeked about some newly released jigga

• Is this the one with a bunch of other people's verses pasted on? I remember seeing a "30 Something Remix" in the tracklisting, w/ Ice Cube & Andre 3000.

• I just saw Jay-Z perform 7 tracks off the new album for an audience of 200 (VH1 Storytellers filming-ticket hookup-related). Shit was seriously on another level from Kingdom Come... I am sure there will be a fair share of hate, but the beats banged (at least, as replayed by an 12-piece band). More importantly, the verses were seriously some of the best stuff I've heard from Young Yacht in years.

Eager to check this out manana at the shoppe...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just saw Jay-Z perform 7 tracks off the new album for an audience of 200 (VH1 Storytellers filming-ticket hookup-related). Shit was seriously on another level from Kingdom Come... I am sure there will be a fair share of hate, but the beats banged (at least, as replayed by an 12-piece band). More importantly, the verses were seriously some of the best stuff I've heard from Young Yacht in years.

Eager to check this out manana at the shoppe...

Tape's not that impressive and mostly consists of old verses w/ new beats, tacked on guest appearances, etc. Just the usual routine of mixtape dudes trying to capitalize on the fact that Jay has music coming out soon without actually having access to any of it.

• Thanks for this.

I bumped it all day and I must say I approve. Most of these mix tapes suck now-a-days IMO (where's that little old man with the cane graemlin?) and my only complaint is the loud abrasive shout outs...

• dudes trying to capitalize on the fact that Jay has music coming out soon without actually having access to any of it.

Yeah actually that makes sense, security was extra stringent on cell phones and anything that might resemble a recording device. Jay even went on a mini-tirade at one point about leaks and the record industry and such... probably will not make the final cut of the VH1 special!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Hopefully making some corn for these dudes (sample related)

• What is release date for the real shit?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    What is release date for the real shit?

Last I heard was November 6th.

• Btw, to people that care..the American Gangster movie leak is all over the net now.